11. Dear diary, I'm falling for someone even though I know I shouldn't

comments and votes are appreciated
❤️

Dear Diary,

Remember when I said I'd forget about you for months? Well, I've kept my promise. I still feel the need to keep you posted so when I look back I can cry or laugh and compare my mental state and cringe about what for stupid thing I've done and overthink as usual. (I still get nightmares from that one love letter I sent to my crush when I was 12)

A lot has changed in the past few months, Lucas keeps bothering me with creepy postcards, or that's what Sabrina told me when she watered my plants and takes care of Soph, she's is doing great by the way. Mum on the other hand, not so much, but I haven't heard anything from Beth about her condition. I hope she's fine for how far that's possible. I'm sort of moving on from T as well, I think her betrayal hit me harder than the actual breakup.

Speaking about breakups, relationships, I'm still single and that ain't gonna change apparently. I've got to admit I have the hugest crush on a certain someone and something tells me he has a weakness for me as well, but that won't last long after he finds out about my contract. I still haven't announced I signed for Sauber yet, but this time next week, I might appear in my grandparents' local newspaper. It's been a while since there raced a girl in Formula 1, so I'm prepared for the worst: judgement and thirsty old men.

That's it for now.
Lots of love,
Daisy Eveline Mayfield
~Thursday the 13th of September 2018~

———

We slept out for a long time, with our door locked and windows closed so Netflix didn't bother us, they didn't even have the opportunity to do so. Charles was so smart to hang up a sign, saying 'do not interrupt' on the outside, so we could get ready in peace. None of us had spoken about our little moment, which happened around four days ago already, maybe it didn't mean as much to him as it did to me. For me it was quite a big step, sure, I've kissed people after my break up, but you couldn't compare such thing as friends with benefits to my first possible serious relationship after. I'm going too fast already. We didn't even kiss, let alone have a relationship.

I got offered to walk around the track with Charles and his crew, as well as Netflix, being a test driver came in handy this time and it was a good excuse to wear one of his T-shirts (though I had the exact same one laying in my closet somewhere). It was not very entertaining, but I just got to make sure Joey got promoted with me as well and then these things would be a lot more fun. I doubted that they'd demote someone for Joey, but on the other hand, this was a tough world after all and they hired me halfway through the season, if they really wanted me here, I might as well start to make some demands. I would if people didn't scare me.

"What's your opinion miss Mayfield?" Someone asked, waking me up from my thoughts about how I'm going to change this entire place when I'm not specifically in charge, but not just a test driver. Prema was so much more entertaining, for example, the bonding Nyck and I had done just thanks to the activities they organised there, we got along pretty well. I didn't expect Kimi and me to be the best of friends after this season, even with plenty of media stuff, but it just seemed a little plain and boring here, scripted also.

"My opinion on what? Sorry, I drifted away," I asked to the woman who previously asked the question. She had long black hair, tied up in a messy bun, her blue eyes sparkled with her deep skin tone. "You can call me Daisy by the way, or Eveline, or Dais, whatever you prefer."