14. It's a (normal) day

A/n: I was late okay? But I still haven't slept so technically it's still Monday in my eyes. Anyway, enjoy and please show your support by commenting and voting!

Should I do it? Or shouldn't I? The two voices in my head debated about how I was going to comment on Charles' promotion; not at all, in private, or dedicate a whole post to it, I had some worthy pictures after all. He didn't do anything for me in public, so I doubted it was a good idea to be a total suck-up, on the other hand, I couldn't reach him when I called him. I kept getting voicemail over and over again. I think I memorised it by now. Doing absolutely nothing didn't sit right with me and I needed to trust my gut feelings, which were all over the place. I decided to call him once more.

"Hi, this is Daisy again, Mayfield for if you were wondering. I hope you didn't forget about me already, but it's really hard to reach you so I'm gonna blame you for not keeping in touch," I sighed. "I've said it earlier; you deserve this seat more than anyone I know and you're going to be great. I've also found your USB in my diary and I've read what you've said. I understand things changed now that we've been apart for a few days, but if you can call me back we can figure this out together? I don't want to lose you, that's it, lots of love." In frustration, I threw the phone on the bed. A week ago we couldn't be separated and now I stood on the fucking waiting list.

I went downstairs in my checkered pyjama set and fluffy slippers to prevent my feet from freezing when walking over the tiles. It rained for days now, really matching my mood. I didn't leave the house, but that was no different than usual. Mum and Soph left for another treatment in the hospital and Sabrina flew back to Amsterdam for college. It was just me and Fluffy, day in, day out. I watched the raindrops have a race on the window that had a view on the garden, I preferred those of Singapore, those plants were still alive at least. Here, the leaves started to turn yellow and red, beautiful, yes, but the rest of the plants were just brown and rotten. I couldn't wait to move out and have my own garden. I stared out of the window when I waited for the water to boil, smoking hot tea with honey, as usual.

Sunken away in my thoughts about my new house, that we didn't even visit yet, the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes and put down my cup of tea. I put on my jacket and opened the door. Why the jacket? If there was someone on the door that was good company, you could say you just came home, but if you rather avoided that person, you'd say you were planning to leave and the timing wasn't fortunate. I prepared to say the last, no matter who it was.

"I'm just getting ready to leave, sorry, better luck next time," I didn't really process who stood right in front of me until he handed me a package. Just the mailman.

"I don't care, have a good day miss," he said and walked away immediately after.

I sighed. The only social interaction I had was with the bloody mailman. I took off my coat again and hang it up, the package went with me to the kitchen island. I grabbed a knife from the counter and cut the tape, I opened the cardboard box to find a sweater, then I realised the thing wasn't addressed to me at all, it was in fact, for Sophia. Lately, all the packages that came here were for Soph, balloons, clothes and more. It smelled oddly familiar though, but I couldn't quite place what the scent was.

I went back to my tea and took a sip. The perfect start of any day, no matter how shitty it turned out to be. Then I got interrupted again as the landline rang, who still called with a landline? "Who's this?"

"Definitely not Lando Norris," the voice said. I rolled my eyes. "I know you don't like unexpected visitors, but I haven't seen you since Monza, so..."

"You can come over if you want," I sighed. "But I'm not really in the mood to do anything, so don't expect too much."

"That's fine, we can just play videogames, I'll be at yours in less than an hour," he hung up. Now I had to do something productive, like be better in videogames and have a proper breakfast otherwise I'd pass out. Skipping breakfast wasn't particularly healthy, but if I wasn't going to do a thing anyway, then why shouldn't I just wait for lunch, lunch tasted so much better.