46. Accidentally in love and I hate it

Qualifying results Bahrain:
P1 LEC, P2 VET, P3 HAM, P4 BOT, P5 MAY,
P6 VER, P7 RAI, P8 SAI, P9 GAS, P10 RIC,
P11 NOR, P12 HUL, P13 STR P14 KVY P15 ALB P16 PER P17 GRO, P18 MAG, P19 RUS, P20 KUB,

The qualifying in Bahrain went really well, my best performance for so far. That wasn't hard as the season only started two weeks ago, but that didn't deny that qualifying P5 caused an amazing atmosphere in the team. Kimi didn't do bad either with a P7, so we all felt extremely happy about yesterday and we were all eager to start the race. I even more than usual, because Sophia had her birthday next Tuesday, she could fly with me to Bahrain. My mum needed some time for herself, so she stayed home with Beth. I could get used to Beth working from a distance, Aisha did her temporary job perfectly in my eyes. She'd also keep an eye on Sophia while I drove the car, which I appreciated a lot.

Against my anticipations, Aisha didn't keep an eye on Sophia and by the time I made my first pit stop, I noticed her sitting on the pit wall, next to Joey with a headset on. I asked the team politely if they could bring my sister to a safe place, just in case she'd fall and someone would run her over with their car. They didn't listen, because she was still there when I made the second stop ten laps before the race ended. Those final laps the amazing commentary of my sister filled my ears. She kept me posted about every single detail, it got annoying eventually and I switched off the radio. I didn't want to know how Valterri Bottas was in DRS range of Max Verstappen, not if they drove half a lap in front of me. I couldn't do anything with that information. If it didn't make me faster, I didn't want to hear it. The silent radio worked though, no one expected me to put in the fastest lap.

I parked my car in parc ferme and stepped out of the cockpit and glanced at the top three. Oh, how I loved to be up there someday. A Ferrari won the race, which made me happy, so maybe somehow, this was going to be their year. If they just competed at the top straight away, this championship could be exiting. I kept looking at the three cars and as I inspected the scenery further, I realised Charles just won his first formula 1 race. My eyes widened and I gasped. As I continued my walk, someone stopped me and grabbed my wrist, I looked over my shoulder to see the bright smile of my boyfriend.

"Kiss me," he whispered. I raised my brows, this would make us go public. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go public yet, especially now that our relationship didn't exactly go smoothly these days. I sighed deeply as his hands cupped my face, his lips met mine, though my mind wasn't really there. I got worried for some reason, I surprisingly enough cared about other people's opinions? I couldn't recall the last time I cared about a stranger's opinion and maybe it wasn't the stranger that mattered, but my best friend who could see this happening from a distance.

"Congratulations," I whispered, my face turning red. "You just destroyed my calm and quiet afternoon," he raised his brows and rolled his eyes. "Now excuse me, I need to find a way to talk myself out of this."

"There's no need to, mon ange," Charles answered. "There's no way you can talk yourself out of this with the rumours going around." That was probably true. I loved Charles, right? No worries. I let out a sigh and nodded before excusing myself once again to get weighed.

No need to let Charles get on my nerves, like, a few days ago I convinced myself I loved him. We even had a dog together, why would you buy a dog together if you don't love each other- oh wait, wrong person Daisy. I couldn't believe my mind. I felt like I cheated or something, not just because of my current thoughts, but there was more where I thought about Lando instead of Charles. When I visualised my wedding when Carmen walked down the aisle and when I saw how good he took care of Teddy, I couldn't help the thought of an actual baby from slipping up in my mind. To make it all worse, I was on the edge of kissing my best friend at that stupid wedding. Oh and the fact that the song we requested was 'if the world was ending' didn't make it much better.