97. Like a rollercoaster

Weeks ago, Alex, George and Lando decided to make plans. Just a day out with the four of us, and so we did. Back then I suggested the wonderful idea to go to Sochi one day earlier, and spend our time at a theme park. Four was the perfect number to do this, since everyone got along fine and so we had the opportunity to switch seats every time we went in another rollercoaster. Honestly, the day had been quite fun. Except that my head now pounded from the ear-popping screaming and the back of my head banging against the seats of the roller coasters.

Other than that, I loved going out with my friends again. I think we needed this, to strengthen our bond. I didn't tell anyone about my seat yet, since I wasn't allowed to in case someone spilt something. I tried my hardest to resist the urge, and if I couldn't contain myself anymore, I'd just go visit another rooftop with Charles and yell. It worked for the time being if I were honest, now I just wanted to tell someone else. When I stayed at my grandparents for the fall celebration I told the chickens and cows, but they weren't as enthusiastic as I was.

We took a short break, claiming the area around a bunch of picnic tables. I just leaned against the tabletop, Lando sat on the bench. George stood opposite of me and Alex offered to get us some pretzels. I couldn't resist such offer, of course. As we waited for Alex to return, we had to listen to Lando's whining again. Apparently, his shoulder still hurt a bit, which would explain his p10 in the Singapore Grand Prix. I didn't quite notice him being in pain until we got out of another rollercoaster.

"Mate..." I sighed, rubbing over Lando's back. "Do you want to continue, or shall we wait down here?" I asked. I was the one sleeping in the same room, only for tonight since I'd move to the accommodation where the team stayed tomorrow, when we officially started our race weekend. I cared so much because I wanted a good night of rest, and that was pretty hard if this muppet kept whining. "We can also go home?"

"No, you want to stay so I'm staying," Lando said. "I'll just skip the next attraction. I'll get over it."

"We don't have to," George commented. "We can always go into a carousel." I chuckled, I actually liked those, especially the ones with the chairs that then floated to the sides, feet above the ground. As if you were flying. "Those don't go fast usually."

Lando nodded. "Do you still have those pills, sunshine?" He asked, watery eyes and gesturing at my backpack. I nodded and opened a little side pocket, filled with plasters, aspirins and some special things I got thanks to a doctor's note. The last ones were true pain killers, some people got high thanks to those, but we forgot about that for a second. If Lando said they worked properly, then I didn't complain.

"Now she's dealing drugs as well," Alex commented, sharing the four pretzels with us. "Are you sure therapy is working?" I rolled my eyes, playfully kicking his leg, but he jumped back and bumped into an angry Russian man. A sincere apology and offering the guy a pretzel later, the problems were all solved. Except I needed to share my snack with Alex, I broke off a piece and gave it to him.

"I think it is, actually," I said, covering my mouth as I ate. Lando in the meantime searched through my bag for a water bottle. "I feel much better and I think I make less stupid choices."

"That's debatable," Lando claimed.

"Don't be rude, you're the one unable to avoid a swinging punchbag," Alex answered.

"Says the one who just bumped into a Russian," Lando snapped back. Except Alex didn't get injured, so Lando only made a fool out of himself.

"I'm glad you're doing better," George said, changing the subject like no other. There was still a brief moment of tension between Alex and Lando, but that promptly faded away. "Way more stable for some reason."