9. Oh to be an emotionally stable adult

After the dinner and Charles complaining to Pierre over the phone about how the limousine didn't show up, we went somewhere else. A place with lots of different activities, more like a theme park in the city. A Ferris wheel, a tree garden with weird trees made out of metal that lightened up in different colours, a lake with waterlilies and little boats. A lot of picture-worthy moments to send to mum and for the memories.

"I hope you don't get seasick easily," Charles said as he reached out for my hand in the canoe, helping me get into the wooden boat. I stepped in and chuckled when the ground underneath us started to wobble on the water. So happy I didn't choose heels. "I got you, I got you, don't fall."

"Not today," I mumbled as I held onto his arms before sitting down on a not-so-comfortable bench. He came to sit in front of me. We didn't have any paddles, so we drifted away further and further from the shallow.

I couldn't help but stare at the stars in the sky, along with plenty of coloured lights from the buildings while music was being played from one of the bigger boats on the same lake. That scene from tangled, where they are watching these golden lights? Looked oddly familiar in comparison with this.

"You know, all that we've done this night," I started while my fingertips moved over the little waves in the water, I still felt scared a fish would bite my hand off, but Charles convinced me these fish didn't bite. "Is like four dates in my last relationship," he showed a smile in response. "The bar was on the floor, but thanks to you, my expectations need to be altered."

He chuckled and placed his hand on my knee, instead of flinching at an unexpected movement, this calmed me down. Not that I was stressed in the first place. "Next date is going to be even better," he said. "Then I can arrange something suited for your personality."

"No, the next time I take you out," I stated, resting my hand on his. He raised his brows. "What? I can plan a date that'll blow your mind," I actually couldn't, but he wouldn't find out as in a little more than a week, he'd hate instead of date me. "You'll see." No, you won't, oops.

"Looking forward to it," he chuckled. "But you know, I'm a bad loser, so I've got to be slightly better every time."

"Are we making this a competition, Charli?" I teased. A cheeky smile formed on his lips. "If that's the case, be prepared to cry for days because I'm gonna beat your ass."

"I'll send you the rules after the race," I raised a brow. "I promise it's not a lot, only to make it fair, but definitely no help from friends and no more spending than 5000 euros." My eyes widened, imagine having 5000 euros. Everything I earned I'd sent to mums account for Sophia's treatment, even though she refused to accept my money. Some of it I saved for a house, I saw a house just outside of London and it turned into an inside joke between Lando and me to buy that house when we got into F1.

"If friends can't help, this one doesn't count," I chuckled, knowing full well Pierre did everything.

"No, I've said that when I asked you out, right?" He asked. "This is 'hors concours', more like a test, to see if we had potential." I chuckled, poor Charles, thinking I was completely honest with him all the time when I carried one big ass secret with me, one he'd for certainly didn't like if he didn't get promoted. "The next date is for real."

"I've got to ask you out first," I mumbled, looking over the edge of the canoe at the water, I pulled my hand back into the boat when I saw movements and I dried it by waving it around in the air. Stupid fish. "Maybe I'm going to be a bitch and just ignore you." For your own good though.