88.We're gonna blame this on Stockholm syndrome, but damn, bestie looks good

Everyone who knew me at least a little bit, also knew I hated surprises. From the depths of my heart, mind, and soul, surprises could be taken away from me and I would never shed a tear. I considered myself to be a pretty impulsive person, but someone else knowing something I didn't know caused enormous glitches in my brain. So, if I had the capacity to do so, I would've choked Lando and not in the good way- let's not go into many details here.

Back to where we left off last time. I stood here in a lift, featuring my best friend Lando. Lando had cancelled my bus tickets and sort of kidnapped me now. I was expected to land in London later this evening and to be honest, Charles his party I didn't even get invited to, didn't seem like a valid reason to stay in Italy.

Lando pressed one of the buttons inside the lift and we waited until the thingy got at the desired height. Which was the top floor in this case. However, there were no hotel rooms available on this floor, I had checked a few days ago. Lando didn't sleep here, neither did I. It actually just led to a roof and storage. Lando smirked at me and 'demanded' me to follow him outside. The gravel crunched underneath the soles of my sneakers, but that sound faded away when an enormous helicopter landed right in front of us on a helipad.

"We are going in there?" I asked, shouting a little over the gusts of wind that made my normal voice inaudible. Lando yelled back, unable to hear his exact words, I assumed he said yes. I raised my brows and jogged towards him, Lando had walked a bit further than I had done. My best friend flashed me a smile and cocked his head in direction of the helicopter. "You're kidding, right? Don't you have a party to go to?"

"What party?" Lando asked and winked at me. "Do you want to see what I have in stock for you or how long will we just stand here?" I rolled my eyes and followed him inside the helicopter. In the meantime fixing my hair.

We needed to put on headphones for obvious reasons and after that, it didn't take much longer before we were high up in the air. At the same time, my leg bounced and my hands were shaking, I've been inside enough planes, rollercoasters and wasn't afraid of the highest courses in the climbing forest. However, a helicopter was a different story. I had never been in one before, which made me a bit nervous.

"It's going to be fine, sunshine," Lando told me, over exaggerating his pronunciation. He looked a bit foolish. Our headsets caused us to be able to speak normally, with the pilot and with each other. "You can trust me."

"If I'm going to die here-"

"-you will haunt me and my children, you said it before." Lando finished the sentence for me and showed a cheeky smile. His usual response consisted out of some flirting as well. "I promise you, this will be completely fine. There is no reason to worry."

I took a deep breath and nodded, looking outside of the window. Little yellow lights shone everywhere and honestly, the view astonished me. Lando in the meantime rested his hand on top of mine. His words of assurance didn't help me calm my nerves just yet, but he tried. Even though I sat there in that helicopter with the urge to throw up, my best friend did everything to make me enjoy the view.

After a short period of time, I got pretty much used to the feeling. Though the trip didn't last much longer, so I only had little to no time to genuinely appreciate my surroundings. Once I relaxed a bit, we already searched for a place to land. According to Lando, there was an open space near our accommodation where the helicopter could land and drop us off. Apparently, it was close to impossible to find a good house with a helipad, rich people problems.

We left the helicopter and I followed Lando to a pretty house, it was quite hard to see since it was dark outside. If I squinted my eyes, I kinda saw what was going on. However, I wanted to check the house out in daylight when possible. Lando opened the front door for me and quickly turned on the lights.