12. I've been waiting for this one, turn it up!

"Final lap, Charles, push." His engineer said. I bit my nails while looking at the screen. For some reason, I was more nervous for him than for my own races, he really couldn't screw this one up, for his own sake. "You almost have him."

"Let me focus, please," He replied. I overheard everything they said through the headphones they gave me and thanks to the ideal position on the pit wall, I was more involved in the race than ever. It was quite hot though and I couldn't imagine racing for two hours in this heat.

"If he gets in the top 10, we'll be proud," The engineer said, covering his mic so Charles didn't hear. I nodded, it's the only thing I've heard in the past few hours. "Are you nervous about next year?"

"Yeah, but I kindly request you to shut up, this isn't about me." He nodded and focused on the screen again, just like I did. "Come on Charles." A minute never lasted this long, with my friend within one second behind the Renault of Nico Hülkenberg and a few failed attempts to overtake, he only had a few chances left.

Sector two and only inches apart. He went for a daring move on the inside of turn 13, having a better exit and drove away from Nico after ending up in front in turn 14. I let out a sigh of relief when the checkered flag waved for Lewis Hamilton, who once again, won the race.

"That's p7, Charles, well done," the engineer said, I was a little surprised by the lack of enthusiasm, especially when he kept saying we'd be proud for a top ten position. "Marcus finished just outside the points."

"Thanks, guys, well done,"  He exclaimed before taking a deep breath. "That was exhausting, phew."

"May I?" I asked the engineer, we switched headsets so I could talk. "Hey Charli it's me, Dais, I just wanted to say I'm immensely proud of you and you've done amazing, seriously, you've kept us on the edge of our seats and this is worth a celebration, congrats!"

"This one is for you," I bit my lip and felt my cheeks turn red, but I blamed it on the heat just in case. "Thank you for these past few weeks, it's been amazing and I couldn't have done this without your support, I don't want to scare you off, but I really-" he got interrupted by a few cracks in the sound.

-"I can't hear you, everything alright there?" I asked, tapping the headset a few times. "Hello?" he didn't crash, the screen showed him still driving on his out lap, but the sound didn't work. "Hola? Can you hear me?"

-"Sorry, I accidentally turned the radio off," I raised a brow, finding it hard to believe. "It wasn't that important anyway," It didn't sound like it wasn't important though. "Thanks again."

I handed back the headset to his engineer, who gave him following instructions. In the meantime, I went back to the hospitality to wait for him, assuming he went there first for cooldown and then the interviews. Beth sat there as well, along with some other people that couldn't be attending the race in the garage.

"Did you enjoy darling?" Beth came up to me and pulled me in a hug. I nodded. "Good, it certainly was exciting, your 'friend' did great." She added the quotation marks with her fingers and showed a cheeky smile. "We're announcing you as Sauber's driver tomorrow."

"Can I have one more day?" I asked. "I want to tell Charles in person, but not when I've still got to stay on a plane with him." She shook her head and escorted me to a private place.

"I've collected some information about Charles his future, he has nothing to complain about," I raised a brow and crossed my arms. "Ferrari is interested in having him as their second driver, all he has to do is sign the contract tonight and we're sure he will."