58. Tea and tittle-tattle

How single do you feel when one of your best friends is shopping for a wedding dress? Let me tell you- very single. Maybe I should've taken into consideration that Kate had a few years more of life experience in comparison to me, but except for that this day belonged to Kate, nothing withdrew me from putting on that amazing gown I saw at the entrance of the building.

First, Kate showed up in an ivory coloured dress with long sleeves made out of lace. The skirt reminded me of that of a ball gown, with some folds around the waist that became less pleated the further down the skirt. Kate twirled around on her spot and flipped her hair over her shoulder. I sat next to her 'entourage' on the sofa and the only one I knew there had to be Kelsi, but this day wasn't about me, so I actually put in some effort to get to know Kate her friends a little better instead of being grumpy all the time. "You're gorgeous!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands.

"I know, but what about the dress?" Kate asked, fidgeting with the fabric. The girls all nodded, including me. Kate let out a sigh and scrunched up her face as she shook her head. "It's pretty, but I want to make Lewis gasp, or cry, or both."

I chuckled at her response and she walked away, followed by the girl that now had to act like Kate's personal assistant. At least she got paid to listen to Kate's commands, we just sat here waiting to get completely roasted no matter what we did. Deep down I knew she loved all of us though, otherwise, she wouldn't have asked us to be her bridesmaids.

Next, Kate showed up in a dress similar to the first one, but this one didn't have any lace for as I could see from this distance. A plain white dress, so simple and yet so elegant. The low back made up for the high neck and a train of access fabric slid over the floor and up the small steps that caused her to appear higher than all of us seated on the sofa. "Just imagine this with a crown or something," Kate said, already fixing her hair in a way we could visualise the invisible crown on her head. "It's too modest, huh?"

"It lacks a little bit of extra spice," Kelsi added. I hummed in agreement. Kelsi and I definitely made clear this couldn't be Kate's wedding dress and this caused Kate to change into another gown.

The third dress was more daring than the first two. A layer of sparkly tule over the underskirt looked absolutely gorgeous, but it couldn't compete with the top. Long sleeves, like all the other dresses before, but this time with more delicate sparkles everywhere. When I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Instead of a high neck, like the other dresses, this one had a low v-neck so she showed a little bit more skin. I raised my brows and gasped.

"See- that's the reaction I need from my soon-to-be husband!" Kate exclaimed. The personal assistant brought her a veil and a golden crown to finish up the look. Kate lifted her chin and stroked her hair behind her ear. She turned around and looked in the mirror behind her. "Yes, I do!" She exclaimed and turned her attention back to us, the five girls sitting on the sofa.

After she changed back into her normal clothes, it was our turn. Kate already picked out the bridesmaid dresses, but we all needed to fit them this time. The light purple dresses fitted us perfectly, well, you can't go wrong with an a-line skirt. The bodice also looked absolutely gorgeous, the amount of detail on the top amazed me to be honest, the embroidery reminded me of flowers climbing up the wall of a house. To finish the look, we got a thin stroke of fabric, the same colour as the dress, that we could wrap in our hair as a bow or headband, that was up to us on the wedding day. It took a while before the wedding would take place since Lewis wanted to focus on Formula 1 first, but after Abu Dhabi (the final race of the season) a wedding was scheduled.

Then, we went shopping for shoes in another store. Kate quickly made the decision to go with plain white heels, so we weren't busy for too long. To waste some of our time, Kate, Kelsi and I sat down at a cafe to drink some coffee, the other girls had already left because their plane back to Greece took off in a few hours.