47. No unattended visitors please, I don't care how long its been

I needed to tell Charles about the wedding, it was unavoidable at this point. My forbidden feelings for Lando started to pop up way more often than they used to and it started to bother me. Everything I did, which wasn't a lot, I wanted to share with my best friend. Varying from a walk in the park, to a funny joke I heard that wouldn't be funny if you weren't there. To my surprise, Charles and I had some time to meet up again. I actually had made plans with the quartet -including George- to go karting, but hey, it doesn't happen every day that your Ferrari driving boyfriend shows up at your doorstep unattended. Sabrina was willing to take my place in the kart, though I'd rather go racing with the boys, she didn't want to waste her time with Charles. With Teddy on my lap, we sat in the most relaxing room, the one with the fireplace and vinyl records.

I told him all the details about the wedding, even the little moment I had with Lando. He didn't appreciate that. His brows furrowed, but I changed the subject by mentioning that my dad actually died. I had no clue if I told him that already, but lately, we didn't have lots of conversation so I the chance that I didn't tell him probably existed. He'd come back to this for sure, but for now an 'I'm sorry for your loss' did enough to not make this conversation extremely uncomfortable.

Instead of continuing the conversation, we went grocery shopping to waste our time. We both craved for a nice pizza and if we made it ourselves, our personal trainers wouldn't get so mad because we probably would make it 'healthy'. Lately, Logan didn't give a shit about what I ate, as long as I stayed fit it genuinely didn't matter. So my pizza had extra cheese and salami which also annoyed Charles, but he couldn't have a day off from his diet since he planned a dinner with his family in a few weeks.

"Damn, you got so boring after you started racing for Ferrari," mumbled, I had no clue he'd take this seriously, but apparently he did. "There are no cameras here Charlo, can't you just relax for one single moment?"

"I'm supposed to be in Maranello now, Daisy, I'm not relaxed at all so I can't pretend I am," he answered. I furrowed my brows and stopped eating my pizza. "I just felt like we hadn't seen each other in a very long time and like I don't give you enough attention, it's weird I know."

"No it's not weird because that's exactly what is going on," I answered, taking a sip of my wine. His eyes widened. "What? It's true! I need my amount of attention, of course I notice when what we used to have slowly fades away, I'm not the smartest but I'm not incapable of seeing we're growing apart."

"Are you saying you're not in love with me anymore?" He asked before swallowing. I sighed.

"No-" I started. "-I never said I stopped loving you, I'm saying that's soon gonna change if we don't do anything about it." His eyes widened. "What happened to us Charlo?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, our lives are busy these days," I nodded, that was probably it. And now that we were public, everything would go easier I expected. We didn't have to hide our relationship anymore, so that would mean we didn't have to avoid each other in crowded areas. A relationship has ups and downs, we just struggled a little, no need to worry. "We will be alright."

"Not if we don't put in effort," I stated. "Maybe we can do something fun again, like a date? That hotel the wedding was in gave me a coupon because David died, it's a pity to not use it," I suggested. Though there were no gaps in Charles his schedule. I highly doubted if I should've made the next comment, but I did it anyway. "I'll go ask Lando, he probably wants to go with me."

"So that's why you almost kissed him?" Charles asked. "To make me jealous?" I rolled my eyes. "Like, why did you even slow-dance with him?" As I explained that was literally what you were supposed to do at a wedding, he still didn't like it. "Do I still have a reason to trust you if you just go around and cheat?"