30. Emotions changing like the Dutch weather

A/n: vote and comment please? I sound rude because it's fucking late. I promise I'm still a nice girl. Sort off.

A million questions popped up in my head as I glanced around the room. It looked identical to Sophia's, from the mint green walls to the 'get well soon' cards on the dresser. My sister wouldn't get well, though the senders only had good intentions.

What the fuck did I do in the hospital? Why didn't I see any people? And why this specific atmosphere? Cold and empty.

"Hello?" I asked, struggling with lifting my head. It felt so heavy. The rest of my body parts didn't seem to function either. I furrowed my brows. "Anyone? Let me out!"

A shadow I recognised from miles away rushed past the door opening. It passed me, but then it turned back and went into my room. My heart pounded in my chest.

The blood-stained face of my ex invaded my personal space. Incapable of moving my limbs, I squeezed my eyes closed. My entire face scrunched up as I mentally prepared myself to get hit by him.

"No wonder everyone left," He said, I felt his stinky breath tickling on my skin, sending shivers down my spine. "You're nothing but a burden, no one could love you. Even if you didn't crash, no one actually liked you, they all tried to get into your pants and take advantage of how weak you are." He paused for a moment and his hand slid over my cheek. "Look at you, so easy to break."

I shook my head. I couldn't form sentences, I couldn't even scream. I tried my best, but the sound didn't leave my mouth. My lips stuck together as someone glued them together. The air got sucked out of my lungs and my heart pounded faster and faster till I felt like exploding.

"You don't have to thank me," he sighed. I took a quick peek and tried to locate him in the room that got a lot narrower now that I thought about it. "But if it wasn't for me, you'd be all alone, not like you don't deserve to be alone."

He lifted my chin and chuckled. "You obviously don't need to stay alone all the time, I am willing to make that sacrifice. You already ruined my life by leaving me, it possibly can't get any worse sweetie." I swallowed deeply, suppressing the tears that showed up in my eyes. "You and me, till your death does us part."

My eyes widened. "I'll kill you sooner or later, the choice is up to you." I couldn't breathe, talk, or move. "Nobody cares about you Daisy, except for me, I'm the only one you need."

———

I sat up on the bed, looking around the dark room. Covered in sweat and tears, I panted like an idiot. Tears streamed down my face and I stumbled out off the bed as quietly as I could. Thanks to all the sweating and crying, I felt dehydrated. I went to the kitchen on my tiptoes, following the reflection of the moonlight on the metal sink.

I grabbed a glass with shaking hands and struggled to open the tap. My breath became heavier with every exhale like someone squeezed my lungs together. The refreshing water did good, but I still felt like somebody watched me.

But no one was there. Nobody cared. If I choked in the water no one would miss me, right? That's what my dream said, so it must be true. My dreams always came true or had something important to say about my life. Why would this one be any different?

"Mon ange?" Someone asked, I turned around slowly and covered my eyes while I peeked through my fingers to see who stood behind me. "What's wrong?" I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Charles, but what if he lied too? The chance that he didn't love me existed.

"Just had a bad dream," I sobbed, quickly wiping my tears from my face. I wanted to stay strong. I couldn't comprehend the thought of him seeing me vulnerable while I overanalysed everything he did. "Sorry I woke you up."