92. I didn't get plastic surgery

I lied again. I couldn't go to sleep with Lando being upset with me for the umpteenth time. I hadn't found out why I pissed him off out of nowhere, but I wasn't planning on doing so either. Lately, I didn't remember how to say the right things, which lead to awkward situations. Not just with Lando, I had communication problems with my mum and even with some mechanics. Except with Lando, it was different. I couldn't care less whether I got in another fight with my mum since she'd forgive me within a month. The mechanics and I had a strict 'only work' policy, so for my private life, it didn't matter. Lando on the other hand...

He had been my best friend ever since I could remember. Inseparable most of the time. Of course, we had some struggles, but every healthy friendship had its moments. However, Lando and I had more of these separation moments in this whole year than in maybe fifteen years of being besties. Quite a lot happened this year, but I questioned if it had a poor influence on our friendship. It was easier to resolve conflicts when Sophia was still around since she simply told us to suck it up and apologise. Somehow, I listened to her all the time and the same counted for Lando. I just hoped Lando and I didn't build our friendship on Sophia only, because that could cause immense trouble. If I lost my friendship with Lando, my therapist would probably quit her job because, without him, I had no clue on how to remain mentally stable(-ish).

I wasn't too sure if I should've been happy with the fact Lando and I didn't stay in the same hotel either. I booked my favourite place -the fancy hotel with the boat on top- since I looked forward to it all year. I didn't even have to pay for it myself. If Beth informed me correctly -which she usually did- all Ferrari drivers stayed at Marina Bay Sands. She probably meant all teams with Ferrari engines, since I saw Kimi and Minttu walking around with the kids as well. I hadn't spotted the Haas drivers yet. I scarcely saw them. I maybe had a conversation with Romain once in all these months and it was during a boring drivers briefing.

Of course, Seb and Charles stayed here as well. Though I couldn't look at Charles without remembering what happened here last year. I avoided him at any cost, I seriously bought a bathing suit which made my boobs look bigger, so he didn't recognise my body when as I rested by the poolside. Not that I expected him to remember that, but just in case. I also bought an enormous sunhat made out of straw, which hid my face perfectly when I wore it at a certain angle. Paired with my favourite sunglasses, I could easily be mistaken for a celebrity who didn't know shit about F1 and got invited to the race anyway.

"A Ginger Mint Green Iced Tea for miss Mayfield," someone said as I just started climbing out of the pool in the least charming way one ever could. I clenched onto the rim of the pool, trying to pull myself up with upper body strength only. I had gotten one leg out of the pool, onto the dry, my other leg was still kicking in the water. I looked up at the shadow above me with wide eyes. "There are stairs over there," the shadow said. I let out a groan and let myself fall back into the pool, quickly I swam to the stairs, the ones that weren't even three metres away. I simply thought I could manage to climb.

I walked back to the person who briefly disrupted my swimming session and took the drink out of their hand. I only now recognised who I was talking to. Beth decided to show up for a change. Anti-climax much. She searched through my stuff and also gave me a small towel. I hung the piece of cloth over my shoulders, preventing the feeling of wet hair dripping in my neck, the most uncomfortable feeling ever.

"Thanks, Beth," I sighed, sitting down on the sunbed I claimed. "But please don't mention my name in public, I don't want the paps to show up whilst I'm in a bikini." The only place where someone could see me in a bikini was on my Instagram and even then the amount of content was minimal.

"They're fake huh?" Beth asked, eyeing me from head to toe. I had never been that fast to cover up, putting on a loose-fitting summer dress. The white fabric was thin, the quality was shit, but hence why I didn't mind bringing it to the pool or beach. It worked to cover my body.