106. I got placed in the anti-friendzone

By the start of the weekend, Lando and I landed in beautiful Mexico. Ahead of our fellow drivers and co-workers. The chance we'd run into anyone we knew was small, as I decided to go to Tulum first. Securing our first date, which was already a romantic getaway.

"It was my idea to do this. I did all the arranging you know. So really, you're lucky to be here," I said playfully, skipping through the beds of flowers near our hotel. This was my biggest flex, I never arranged dates as I was clueless about where to start. Even booking sites confused me, hence why I usually got Beth to take care of my travel plans. This time, I did all of it myself, and damn I was good at this.

"I guess you're right. You chose the most incredible place too."

"The most incredible place for the most incredible person." Okay, Dais, you might've arranged this date, but there no need to get cheesy. "Oh, Lan, I can't believe that we're here!" I spread my arms, standing in the warm wind with my eyes closed.

Lando poked my ribs and walked out in front of me. He gazed at the various colourful bushes and plants, speeding a bit when I wanted to pay him back for the previous poking. "I know right," he sighed, "I can't believe you brought me here, I feel so special."

"Aw." I bit the inside of my lip as I looked at my date in awe. I appreciated the way he paid attention to the scenery, isn't that pathetic? I guessed it was, yet I was unable to do anything else. I was just so happy to have Lando with me, in a way it was just him and I together. I loved being just with the two of us, our full attention on each other only. Everything was just so certain, and I had no doubts. I still preferred to stick with my five-date plan, in case either of us changed minds. "Why did you say it like that though?"

"Because you never take initiative," he said, fully honest and as if it was nothing special.

I gasped and jogged until I walked next to him. "I was the one saying I wanted to get together!" I defended, my mouth hanging open. Did he really just say I didn't take initiative? "Oh and I've taken initiative in lots of other situations."

"You wouldn't have asked me out if you weren't a thousand per cent sure I wanted to be with you, and believe me, I gave you plenty of hints," Lando claimed. "Let's not fight over this, sunshine. We're better than this."

"Fine." By accident, I got a bit snippy, which earned me a nasty look from Lando too. To not make matters worse, I opted to keep my mouth shut.

Lando was right about one thing though. If I wasn't certain about having him in my life, I wouldn't have asked him out to begin with. I knew him for the longest time ever. All my happiest memories had him in them. My saddest had him there too, but not because he was the cause, he always managed to cheer me up or have my back. If I wasn't sure about this, about having him close to me as much more as my best friend, I wouldn't have taken the risk to ruin our near to perfect friendship. 

"So, what do you want to do next?" I asked.

Walking through these gardens didn't bother me at all. I loved the thriving nature, with all the birds and butterflies. Other insects made my heart drop. Bees ended up being normal flies, but I obviously didn't see that at first glance.

"Aren't you taking initiative?" Lando asked as a response to my question. I narrowed my eyes and let out a sigh of frustration. I thought he didn't mean to fight about this. "Blow my mind."

"Let me think for a second." I reached for my phone in my straw purse. I saved some date ideas for Tulum, and my inspiration was literally nowhere. Lando lifted one brow and grabbed onto my wrist, smirking.

"Do you need your phone to think?"

"Perhaps..." I scratched the back of my head and opened my notes app, varying from grocery lists to rants about shitty days in life. "I found the ideal thing to do, sweetheart." I smiled.