Emptiness causes Insanity

Loki's POV

'Thor!'

'Thorrr!'

'Thor where is everyone!'

I called throughout the whole castle. No servants were walking around doing their usual duties. Nothing.

I walked towards Thor's room whist I was calling for him.

'Thor?' I called at his door

'Loki?' He sounded strange. His voice broken.

I opened the door and walked in. The sight I saw was not what I expected. My eyes immediately widened and my lips parted.

Thor was a mess. His hair messy and unkept. His beard wasn't groomed. He had dark circles around his eyes and speaking of his eyes they were red, red bloodshot. He had tear stains on his cheeks.

'Thor? What happend?'

'He came back'

'Who came back? Come on Thor I need proper words here' I said trying to be as gentle as possible

'Thanos, he came back. Killed half of Asgard and he killed...'

'Killed who, who else did he kill'

He looked at me. His eyes pleading to not make him speak no more. Tears threatening to fall

'They are dead Loki. He killed them. He killed them both'

My heart sank. Having a feeling I know what he's talking about

'Who Thor. I need names'

'Mother and father'

The pit feeling in my stomach only worsened.

'Are you sure? Are you sure they are not captured instead of dead?'

'I WATCHED THEM DIE LOKI. I WATCHED AS HE STABBED OUR FATHER AND AS ONE OF HIS MEN SHOT OUR MOTHER IN THE HEAD!' He yelled

The water in my eyes began to fall. This couldn't be true.

'You-you watched?'

'Yes Loki! I tried to stop it from happening but I couldn't! The warriors were busy getting the people who were actually alive away. And by warriors I think there are around 20 odd alive, sif got killed. The warriors three are still here but you know yourself they aren't them without sif. The kingdom isn't a kingdom without our parents'

I couldn't process this.

'I'm going to my chambers. We're staying in Asgard for a few days. Get heimdall to contact Tony and inform him of the news' and then I stormed out not giving him a chance to object.

This can't be real.

Thor's POV
~three days later~

It's been 5 days since the incident. I have seen Loki once. I've only heard shouts and bangs coming from his room.

I've started to come out of my grief, the images still burn in my brain but I know the best thing here is not to sit in self pity but to get revenge.

Asgard has no ruler. Once again more stress on me. I'm considering letting heimdall or the warriors three take charge of it all while I'm away. Given that I'm still unsure of my wanting to be king.

'Thor' the warriors three called to me in the hall

'My friends'