Part 10: Wife

Zoey narrates.

I'm putting on my heels, getting ready for a fun evening, celebrating Aaron. He's recently secured a huge deal at Stevens and Lido, so they're throwing a party for him.

I'm standing in front of the mirror, smoothing down my dress, when Aaron comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist from the back and kissing my neck repeatedly.

I smile, as he breathes in my scent.

'You look hot.' He says, as I turn around and smile at him, fixing his collar, before helping him with his tie.

'I'm so proud of you.' I say, as he tries to kiss me, but I push him away lightly.

'Stop! You'll mess it up.' I say, gesturing to his tie, as he frowns.

'There. It's done.' I say, as he quickly kisses me before I change my mind.

'I bought you something.' He says, pulling away, and taking out a little pouch from his pocket.

He hands it to me, as I look at him, confused.

Opening it, there's a beautiful pearl necklace.

'It's beautiful.' I say, admiring it.

'I know that pearls are your favourite.' He says, taking it from me, as I turn back around to face the mirror and he helps clasp the necklace for me.

'What's the occasion?' I ask.

'Does there need to be an occasion for me to treat my wife?' He asks, as I turn back around to face him and wrap my arms around his neck.

'Wife...Thank you.' I say, kissing him again, before he pulls me in to a tight hug.

_____

We arrive at Stevens and Lido and are greeted by my father.

'I've missed you.' He says, hugging me, and then Aaron.

'Congratulations, son. I always knew you were right for this company.' He says, as I smile at Aaron.

We grab a drink, as Aaron introduces me to a few people.

'Oh, and this is my new assistant, Alexa. She just started this week.' He says, as I am met with a tall girl, with long, blonde hair.

'Hi...' I say, confused. She's wearing a short skirt, and a blouse that's half unbuttoned.

'Alexa, this is my wife, Zoey.' Aaron says.

'Hey! So nice to meet you!' She says, as I smile, though fake.

She starts talking with Aaron, congratulating him, as I start to feel awkward, so I let go of Aaron's hand and excuse myself.

'I'll be right back.' I say, going to find my dad.

I finally find him in the mass of people.

'Hey, how come I never knew Aaron had an assistant?' I ask him casually.

'She's just started. Aaron didn't mention it? He probably meant to, but forgot.' My dad says, shrugging his shoulders.

I watch her with Aaron, standing a little too close for my preference, laughing and touching his shoulders, but decide to brush it off. I trust him.

As I'm about to go over to him, he gets called up to the front of the room, for a speech.

'Hey, everyone. I just want to thank you all for coming out tonight. It means a lot. I'm so glad that I was able to secure this for the company. In my time here at Stevens and Lido, all I've ever wanted to do was prove myself, you know? And I really feel like I'm getting there. I want to thank my father-in-law Andre, for all his help and guidance, but most of all I want to thank my beautiful wife Zoey, for her support and love, and for pushing me to be the best that I can be.' He says, pointing to me, as I smile gracefully.

'So yeah, thank you.' He says, as everyone applauds him, and he starts to walk away.

I see Alexa walking towards him, though he ignores everyone in his path, coming over to me.

He comes over to me and holds my back, as I lean up and kiss him, passionately, before he embraces me in a hug and I cling onto him.

He laughs.

'Are you alright?' He asks, as I finally release my grip.

'I'm perfect.' I say, as he kisses my cheek once more.

_____