Two Journeys

By morning, you and Ragnar managed to drag Ivar to the beach.

"ASTRID!"

Turning, you saw Ragnar carrying an unconscious Ivar. Sobbing, you swam toward them and quickly brought Ivar to a piece of driftwood. He suddenly woke up, coughing water.

"Ivar!" You cried

"Astrid!"

Ivar pulled you between him and the driftwood, not wanting you to possibly slip off and drift away. He knew that you could catch him if he was to slip off.

You wrapped your arms around him, sobbing. "I thought you died."

"I'm here." He promised. "I'm here."

Now, you and Ragnar were dragging him out of the water. After finally reaching the sandy beach, you all collapsed in exhaustion.

-

Ivar peeled his eyes open, only to end up staring at the sun as the events of the night replayed in his mind. Looking to you, he saw hair draped over your face.

He groaned as he rolled to you, brushing your hair away.

You soon opened your eyes, blinking away the exhaustion.

"Shh. Come here." Ivar said, just as you were about to speak.

You scooted closer, sighing in relief as you felt him hug you again.

After a moment, Ivar nudged his father.

"What?" The man asked quietly as he stared at the sand beneath him.

Ragnar took a minute to stand, groaning in pain.

"What can you see?" Ivar asked

"I cannot see any of our boats." Ragnar said, looking toward the sea.

"Mother was right." Ivar sighed

"Almost." You said, flicking sand at him. Ivar sighed in annoyance as he shook the sand off his face before pinching you.

You gasped when you heard men talking. Ragnar quickly crouched beside you two.

Turning, you saw men not far away. Ivar saw the same thing. The men were shouting as Ivar quickly sat up and pulled you behind him. With no weapons, he didn't want to let you get hurt.

You sighed in relief, seeing that it was survivors of the shipwreck. Ragnar and Ivar sighed as well.

-

After finding a cave, you and the other had taken shelter there. Ragnar had managed to find a few axes and a knife.

Ivar had got the knife of course.

The men had collected the evidence of the shipwreck and soon joined you all in the cave.

"So, Ragnar. What do we do now?" You asked

"She asks a good question." A man said. "Here, we are in deep trouble. So what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know yet." Ragnar answered

"Then you better make up your mind." Another man spoke. "Because all this is your fault. You made us sail here, and as far as we know, we, this little group here, are all that is left."

"Where is your army of revenge now, Ragnar Lothbrok?" The first man asked. "I'll tell you where it is. At the bottom of the sea, feeding the fishes."

Ragnar said nothing as he stood and moved toward the fire. "I suggest you all warm up a little."

-