What in Merlin's Beard

As I finished my meal I look to Lucius. "So if they really don't believe the boy why then have I received a letter asking me why I want him dead Lucius?" A confused and startled look comes over his face "what? Someone actually believes those two? Who? Should we kill them?" he said with a bit of worry tainting his voice.

   "No Lucius I think not at least not yet. Some interesting things have been pointed out to me by them and honestly I find it refreshing."  Pausing in my words to pin him with a pointed look. "They put a notice me not charm on the owl. And I might get some extra knowledge about Potter out of this. Though one thing they wrote about struck a cord. Seems familiar in a way."

     Before we could speak further a flutter of wings and a quick nip to my ear told me the bird was again on the back of my chair. " Hello." I said casting the finite charm again and taking the letter. "Borrowed you again did they beautiful?"

   "M-My L-Lord that's Potter's bird!?..." Now Lucius looked worried casting the detection charms I ignored him. Seeing it come back clean I nodded.

    "Well she must know and trust this person then interesting." She gave a hoot as if confirming. I gave a small chuckle at that. " Sort of ironic using Potter's owl to write to me don't you think Lucius?" With that I opened the letter and read getting more worried the more I read. Sitting back I turn to the bird. "Are they right gorgeous? Is he abused at his home?"

      The sad hoot and the way the bird seemed to dip it's head made me mad. "It's not your fault beautiful. I'll try and sort something out. Are you hurt there?" And the owl gave a sad hoot but this this hopped off my chair and picked at my plate. Which I understood she goes without food at Potter's house. 'With as smart as she is he must shower her with affection. so that means he goes without as well.' now completely seething I called for a house elf. "Set up a room for this beauty and see to it she is fed properly when here." I ordered firmly as I got up and handed the letter to Lucius. "Read it and come with me to the office."

Dear Anonymous,

   I would appreciate it if you did tell only him but do you have a way to do so without his watcher's noticing? As for him being kept ignorant on purpose that is troublesome see what can be done if you don't mind. Where did he beg that you saw it and did anyone else see this? If we are both correct then I will try and get him away from there safely. Obviously I doubt he'd come quietly mostly my fault. I may need help to "kidnap" him to safety. If this route is necessary would your help be granted? I wouldn't seek to keep him hostage but just safe as I take child abuse very seriously. Also you said you had other questions what are they? Just so you know Lord Malfoy was here when ?Potter's? bird arrived is it irony your going for? Either way I find it mildly amusing using his bird.

                                                 Mr. Tomson

    After folding and addressing the letter I look up at Lucius. To see blatant shock "he's abused... My Lord... How can we help the boy? will we? I mean he's." With that Lucius gave me a helpless lost look that damn near broke me. I understood he saw first hand what abuse did to many of my followers. Especially Severus his long time crush.

   "Well she will take this back to the sender in the morning. We start discussing this then we need multiple plans of attack for this. No not actually attacking the boy, just plans to see him have at least one peaceful summer." House elf popped in and took her then. "Lucius what does Potter call his owl? Be nice to call her by name I think." I turn to see Lucius look up startled.

      "I'm sorry I don't know that sir but I know this the person who is writing to you is left handed so it's not Potter." Taking the letter from him I study it and sure enough the tell tale smudges are there but the writing is still very neat. I look to him.

    "Whoever they are they are our ally until further notice." I state firmly then neither of us wanting to wait we start going over options. We have to help stop this whatever it may be.