Baby's Den

When I woke up I could hear purring, low hissing, and was that a goat? Had I stumbled into daddy's secret menagerie. I carefully opened my eyes and saw a chimaera standing right in front of me. I froze remembering what Hagrid said to do if I ever came across one in the wild. Which was run far and fast. Even gaints fear them.  But then I remembered something he said in class. Best way to handle a dangerous creatures is to  know what they want from you. Why the chimaeras tail came into view I spoke in parseltongue. "Hello there do you know where we are?" It sat and stared at me as it's tail came forward.

       "Yes we are in our den little cubbling." The tail hissed at me. "You ran in here last night." The goat head hissed sounding annoyed with me. I was surprised the goat head could speak parseltongue. "Your magick was going amiss cubbling." The lion head hissed sounding worried. "What is it that has upset you so cubbling?" The tail hissed watching me with caution.

       "Well I believe I have found my mates. But my nest leader was angered by it. He yelled at me and I ran away. My nest leader is as my sire but the sire I was born to is gone as is my bearer. I fear that my nest leader will not wish me back." I sniffled trying not to cry. "I'm not like the others in my nest I am male and female. But my mates are both male. This is what I think made nest leader angry." I scrubbed at my eyes with my disheveled sleeve. When the lion head nudged me I threw my arms around its neck. And buried my face in her mane. "I think nest leader was going to hurt me. He was so angry he's never yelled at me before." The chimera pulled me closer with it's front paw. Showing me comfort in my pain.

         "This is not the nest you were born to what happened to that nest cubbling." The goat head hissed at me. Now also sounding concerned. "Nest leader came to the nest I was born to he killed all but me from my nest the one who had born me gave me gift of her death to Shield me from his wrath. But this shield be gone now." I felt the goat head but his head gently against mine. "Is nest leader's nam Tomling?" The tail hissed sounding angry. "Yes kind fierce one." A collective angry hiss made me stumble backwards. I landed on my butt and the chimera started to pace in front of me.

         "Tomling does not allow us a mate either cubbling. We share your pain. To keep his stolen cubbling from the right of matehood is most horrible. The human nestlings do not live as long as we." It suddenly spun and snarled at the little path to enter the den. I peered around her and saw daddy and Fenrir standing there. Daddy looked angry where as Fenrir looked worried. "You steal a cubbling then deny him joy of his mates. You frightened a small cubbling to flee. You deny us matehood as well. For what reason did you kill his born nest. Why cause him such panic and fear after taking his as yours?" She hissed the lion head roared at him right in his face. I backed up to a large stone wall with huge claw marks dug deeply into its face.

       Daddy was powerful and would get passed her I just knew it. Then he would kill me for disappointing him. I whimpered weakly scared of dieing. She backed up towards me clearly standing between me and daddy. She snarled at him as he came closer. "Baby he is just that a cubbling he is to young for matehood. And I am trying to find you a strong intelligent mate it is not easy. So many are not strong enough for you." He stated calmly. She growled at him as he tried to go around her. He stopped walking and continued to talk. "I killed his born nest because I needed to in order to win alpha rights. I frightened him because it is my duty to protect from early matehood. If the cubbling mates to young they can become injured and die. The ones he chooses as mates I do not approve of. Now give me my cubbling!" He yelled at her stamping his foot.

        I whimpered in fear he really was going to hurt me. Had he hurt them or worse killed them. Was his anger with me boundless. The tail then coiled around me and pulled me underneath of her. Basically telling him no. I was shaking with fear at this point. Everyone is so angry everyone is yelling. It's hard to breath. "Why cause cubbling to fear you will hurt it. If you take a cubbling as your you are to make them safe and not fear you. Cubbling is special we smell it. Cubbling made the paths smaller harder to travel in it's fear. It's magick went amiss to protect from being followed. Cubbling fears you mean to kill it. " The lion head hissed swiping at daddy with a paw. It missed though I knew it definitely could have hit him. My vision began to darken at the edges from not being able to breathe properly.

        "I will not kill my cubbling." He yelled still pissed off. I put my hands around my head to stop the drumming sound that was making everything worse. "You have not said you won't hurt the cubbling. You have promised us a mate for long enough we do not believe Tomling anymore." One of them hissed I slumped to the ground not feeling strong enough to stay upright anymore.

         "Look I don't know if you can understand English or not but he's having trouble breathing let me at least come help him breathe." I heard Fenrir say loudly. I heard shifting as something came closer and something moved away. My vision had darkened to slits of blurry vision. I felt strong hands lift me. I put up a weak struggle but heard Fenrir say. "Breathe Harry nice and slow." I tried calming slowly as he pressed my ear to his chest. "That's it Harry just breathe. Nice and easy your safe little cub." I wasn't sure what all was happening at this point I was only aware of Fenrir trying to guide me into breathing properly. And honestly dispite his smell it was working. Once I could breathe again I told him weakly. "You smell worse then Siri did after he broke out of Azkaban." I could feel myself slipping into sleep. "He doesn't like loud noises they frighten him very quickly I've noticed he winces when people get loud especially when they are yelling or angry." With that I was dragged into unconsciousness.