Lunch with Hedwig

Hedwig and I sat at the end of the table. I alternated between feeding her, myself, and chatting with her. So as to not focus on eating. Then I caught on to Ron and Hermione's conversation.

"Ron you can't just turn tail on him again think what others will say." I could practically feel the look that called people stupid.

"What will they say mione that I don't want to support a loon. I mean honestly! He really wants attention that badly. Let him have it I'm done with his shit." I heard Ron slam his fork down. 'Well at least I know I wasn't imagining him being mean to me.'

"They'll call you a fair weather friend. It means you'll only be friends with someone when it's easy to. That you won't stick by them. And nobody wants to be around those sort of people." Hermione's superior tone of voice grated at my nerves.

"So let 'em Dumbledore don't pay me enough for this shit mione. He don't pay you enough either. Besides that better people think us fair weather friends then friends with a loon." All of that stung. I offer my arm to Hedwig. She climbs on and I make my way to the owlry trying not to cry.

Once there I slump down to the floor and let it come out quietly. All I want is to run far away and never come back........