Who's not Ready?

Both me and Baby watched as Fenrir got Harry to calm down and breathe. Baby's tail was watching me though very closely. I knew if I made the wrong move right now I was a dead man. So I spoke softly without looking away from Harry. "After I killed his nest I was left without a body. And he was given to a nonmagical nest. They hurt him often what we call him special for they called bad. When it was time for his magick learning others did not help him. They sent him back to the bad nonmagical nest. He frightens easily because of them. I shouldn't have scared him. But I was angry he isn't ready to be mated." Baby sat and looked at me gageing what I said.

"He isn't ready or your not ready? It makes a difference you know. If he is ready and you refuse him are you any different then those who called him bad?" She stared into my eyes as though trying to make a point.

"No I guess I'm not. Baby I will find a mate for you within a month I promise. Please let me take my cubbling home." I let the plea seep into my voice Harry needed to go home and be looked after Narcissa would skin me if I didn't bring him back.

Then Fenrir spoon softly more gentle then I'd heard him in a long time. "He doesn't like loud things. I've noticed he flinches when people get loud. Especially if they are angry and yelling." He was looking at me but rocking Harry. "You were both yelling and he tried to cover his ears. I think you should avoid yelling around or at him Tom. When he ran from you last night all I could smell coming off him was fear. The same fear a deer gets when they spot a hunter. That means his instincts took over. He ran but didn't really know or control what he was doing." He stopped talking and stood up. Still holding Harry as he paced the den.

"You may take him home to the nest. But you should listen to the wolf. All this could have been avoided if you had only not yelled." With that she nudged me towards Fenrir. "You will bring cubbling to me in two days so I may see you have kept your word." She then curled up on the floor of the den. I grabbed both Fenrir and Harry's arms and aperated us to where sev and Lucius we're waiting.

Upon our arrival Severus was instantly checking Harry over taking carful note of every deep cut from the thorns he'd run through. Lucius looked ready to skin me himself. But began helping Severus to apply salves and balms on Harry's arms and legs. "Just the injury's for the Hawthorne Severus. The chimera seamed to be trying to shield him from us. He's only not awake now because he had a panic attack from all the yelling that the chimera and Tom did." Severus gave a nod and gestured towards the manner.

"How bad was the panic attack this time? They are worse when he feels cornered." Lucius asked softly. I just frowned deeply.

"Well he was holding his head and didn't seem to be able to breathe properly. We will know more if and when he talks about it." Fenrir answered calmly. As we walked to the manner he held Harry close to him. I wanted to hold him. I wanted to make it all better. But was that what Harry wanted no Harry was scared of me at the moment. Because I had to yell at him for being more comfortable in his skin.

But then Harry shifted in Fenrir's arm's softly Calling out for me. When the whimpers couldn't be ignored any further if we wanted Harry to sleep Fenrir let me take him. Holding him close to me I began to talk to him. "Shhhh it's alright. Daddy's got you Harry. I'm not angry anymore. Rest more we will talk when you wake up. I'm sorry Harry." I kept saying these things until we made it to his room. I laid him on his bed and vanished his ripped up clothes. Severus bandaged him and Lucius brought over a night dress from his closet. Spelling it onto him I sat in a conjured chair right beside him. And held his hand. "Tell Barty and Rabastan he's safe and I'll let them up when he wakes." I said to nobody inpaticular. When I looked around I saw they had both gone.

But I couldn't just sit here so I climbed into his bed on top of the covers. And wrapped myself around him to hold him. So he would know when he woke I'm still his daddy. And I still care then I finally let sleep take me.