Daddy's Arm's

When I woke up I was still in his arms but we was no longer in my room. We were in his office and I could feel daddy writing. He spoke softly to someone else in the room. "I think it's best if he takes a few days after the tests tomorrow. He's gotten very wound up the last few days. He needs to relax." I felt him adjust me before he smoothed my hair. I turned my head when he did this wanting to bury my face in daddy's warmth.

He chuckled lightly at me. "Wake up little one. It's nearly supper." He brushed a few locks out of my face. I cringed and cracked one eye open at him. Shutting it when I realized he was looking at me. This time his laughter roused my wakeful mind more. "I saw your eye open up you go." He sat me up more but I put my head on his shoulder. "I think that uncle Luci would love to tickle you awake. Instantly I opened both eyes, but winced and shut them from the brightness.

"What... Time... How... Long" I managed to get out through the sleep impairment of my brain. Slowly opening my eyes to look around. Seeing Uncle and Auntie sitting in chairs on the other side of his desk. They looked somewhere between cross and amused. "Mad at you." I gave them dirty looks and stuck out my lower lip in a pouting fashion. Turning towards daddy. "They big meanie's daddy. They were mean to Barty for giving me hugs." At that daddy seemed highly amused.

"Maybe they were jealous sweet heart? Your hugs could melt the coldest heart." He pointed to himself on the last bit. I blinked at him. "Maybe they wanted to hug you. Is Barty like a big brother to you?" He was trying to reason with me. And find out if I liked Barty at the same time. I could tell. But for some reason this time it didn't bother me.

"No, he nice and strong like a big bover but he not my big bover Draco big bover. Barty is Barty is I not know think friend but I not know." I was sliding into a vulnerable place in my mind. I didn't want to share but I didn't want daddy to take away Barty. Barty was funny and knew how to calm me down before the panic made me get like this he was my rock.

Daddy smiled down at me. "He's special to you. That's okay baby want to sit with me at dinner?" He asked looking like he was perfectly content to sit here. When I nodded unsure if I could he turned me towards auntie and uncle. "Then I think the three of you need to same some stuff to each other don't you." I looked down and started swinging my feet.

"I sowy I get mad you." I said it just loud enough to hear me. "An I sowy I disapont you auny" I didn't look up I knew they were upset with me. I wanted to suck my thumb, but I wanted to be a big boy too. So I fiddled with daddy's hand instead.

"We are sorry for making assumptions about you and Barty as well. And you just got excited sweety. First time I made a successful new potion it was lily who had to say those same words to me." His voice spoke of softness. I looked up through my lashes at him. He looked like he was lost in a memory.

"Lily? You got excited to? What was it auntie made?" I questioned looking up hopeful wanting to here all his stories. I had picked up daddy's hand as I played with it. Absently tracing the lines on his palm. When he took his hand away I pouted. But auntie started talking telling me about his first ever potion. And my birth mother and his friendship with her. Not noticing when I was picked up and carried to the dinning room. So when we sat I looked around confused.

Then a spoon of soup was being held to my mouth. "Say ahhh" daddy spoke softly. I opened my mouth to accept it. As soon as I tasted the soup I scrunched up my face. It tasted like pumpkins. Swallowing so as to not make a mess I said "icky" getting chuckles from the room. When he tried to give me another bite I turned away. "Icky" he laughed taking the bite for himself. When the main course finally arrived he cut up my food and began feeding me that.