Baby Owls

Days later I was feeling much better and had been wandering about the Manor. Barty always seemed to be to busy for a trip to the library. I had personally given bella a complete makeover. I was the worst possible change and I was makeing her wear it. But this morning I had asked Mayam Ripshang to send a post owl with a letter from Anonymous.

During lunch the post owl arrived for uncle Luci. His eyes grew wide when he saw the envelope. I watched from the corner of my eye. Still eating lunch calmly as though it was of no importance to me. "It's from Anonymous. I had forgotten about them." Uncle Luci said clearly eying my response. I turned showing curiosity to him. He sighed then read it. "Anonymous was asking how you and Hedwig are.... Oh I nearly forgot to tell you. Hedwig and Ulysses have a clutch of four eggs." I gasped jumping up and running over to him.

"Really!? When can I go see my cute little Hedwig. Oh my goodness I'm going to be a grandpa!!! Draco we have to get together and make some baby owl bonnets.
How is my whittle cutey Hedwig doing. I miss her." I was aware of the looks I was getting from those who didn't know. They were staring at me like I was more off my rocker then Bellatrix. Bella was blinking at me curiously. And auntie, uncle, Barty, Draco, Blaise, and Pansy all looked a bit mistified.

I rushed over to daddy and sat on his lap. "Daddy when can I go see my cute little Hedwig's clutch. I hope they are just like their mommy Hedwig." He smiled down at me as I started rambling to him. But as soon as I said that I heard a horrified chorus of "No!!!" From all that had seen her in action. I turned to look at auntie, uncle, and Barty.

"Harry that bird is a nightmare. I honestly hope they are more like their father." It was auntie that had spoken he looked a bit green at the moment.

"She is not a nightmare!" I shouted. "She's just an extremely good hunter. Not my fault she decided you were pray. That was your own doing." I stuck my nose up at him and turned towards daddy. Barely able to keep the smile off my face.

"Potter even Dumbledore is terrified of her. Saw him casting protago more then once to protect against her at breakfast." That caused daddy's eyebrows to raise up as Draco started listing people she frightened. I rolled my eyes.

"Then why isn't McGonagall on that list? Because Hedwig is not horrible that's why. She is the perfect loyal companion." I said smugly. Then I gave daddy my best puppy dog eyes and pouted my lip. "I want to go see Hedwig daddy please. Please daddy I miss her." When it looked like he might say no I quivered my lip slightly. His face instantly became like stone.

He stared at me intensely. My eyes started to water he was going to say no. Then he smirked at me. "I'll see what I can set up on one condition." I gained a hopeful look to my face. "Get bella out of those ridiculous clothes." I definitely did not squeal as I hugged him.

"Bella go change ask mommy for help she'll make you all pretty!" I then jumped up and grabbed pansy pulling her out of the room talking about making little baby owl hats and bonnet's. Hearing chuckles follow us out the room. Tomorrow I would be talking with skeeter and would be spending the evening going over everything with daddy and uncle. So that I would be fully ready for every question she could throw at me. And that the aurors may also be surprised as I would be taking a vow to not speak of the last task tonight. That way even if they ask I can not speak of it.