Emotions Run High

After my potions lesson with Snape ended a bit early he told me to sit. "Harry it will be fine he's just concerned as are we all after finding out your studying no less then 16 different topics. I know your worried about being behind in your studies but it's a bit mad to push yourself so hard." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders giving a gentle squeeze. "Don't worry so much child we are all here."

         I gave him a confused look. "But by my count I'm studying eighteen subjects not sixteen sir." I winced when a look of horror crossed his face. "Occlumency and the goblin tongue. I have been learning from Mayam Ripshang using a two way mirror." I blushed as he stared incredulous at me.

         "Sweet child that's just too much. Not all at once." Suddenly he had me in his arms hugging me tightly. "Please slow down take your time. I'll teach you everything anything you want to know. Please slow down Harry." He was now burying his face into my hair. I could hear him crying softly. "Auntie I'll slow down I promise. Besides I realized today how tired I've been and I want more classes with you. I really like potions. Please don't cry auntie." I said hugging him back as best I could.

        He gave me a confused look. "Auntie?" But he was smiling all the same. Telling me he liked everything I'd said. "Well you and uncle Luci are together right? I heard you moan when we were in voldy's office and then you were sitting on his lap when I had to hide. And you guys give each other lovey dovey looks all through meals." I reasoned simply and received a kiss on my cheek. "Your absolutely right sweety. But let's gather your things you have a meeting to attend with Tom shortly." He spun me about in his arms happily a few times anyway. Eliciting happy giggles out of me.

       Once put down I quickly gathered my things into my shoulder bag. Then ran back to him jumping up and down. "Again again please auntie!" He smiled chuckling as he picked me up and spun me about. I was a giggling mess when uncle Luci came in to get me. When auntie set me down I hugged him. "Thank you auntie! Can we play with some potions later?" Looking up at him giving him big pleading eyes. My head was only just reaching his chest. So he was at a loss for denying me. "Oh fine! But after supper." I gave an excited squeal jumping up and down without letting go. Then ran off. Grabbing Uncle Luci's hand pulling him from the room to tell him about my day.

     Absently noticing his amused smile as I bounced happily through the hall next to him. Rattling on about my day till I got to the part where I told auntie about the other two things I'd been studying. Suddenly picking me up. Getting a surprised Shriek out of me. "Want to tell me that without mumbling nephew." He was holding me like a baby. My head in the crook of his arm. Feet dangling to either side of his arms. I looked down and explained myself again to him. And that I'd promised auntie sev to slow down. He bent down and kissed my head. "Good I'll explain to Tom about that sweet one. Shall we prank Tom nephew?" I look up and smile brightly nodding. "Okay I want you to act like I've brought you kicking and screaming okay?"

      I nod as he sets me down and places a silencing spell on me. Then throws me over his shoulder when we get close he tells me and I start kicking and hitting and trying to scream past the charm. "Ophf" I continued to kick and hit but did so more gently. When I was set down I tried to make a run for it but uncle was quick to scoop me up and then we were sitting in a chair. "Shush now we are hear and Tom has locked the door." I stopped instantly and stuck my tongue out at him. He caught it quick. "Carful now nephew I might just keep that. Honestly you've had enough study time for a week." He shook his head. "Tried to slip off to the library on the way here." I turned my face to Voldemort. And was surprised he looked more like an older Tom Riddle now. But I stuck my tongue out at him too.

         He chuckled. "Honestly most children need adults to tell them to study more not less. But you've never been like others have you?" At that my face fell that hurt. I turned away nearly in tears. "Of course you were always meant to be one in a million Harry. But take your time learning so you don't lose yourself." He continued but I was lost to my thoughts. 'Different of course I was that's all I'll ever be different, freak, burden, abomination, useless.' words not just carved into my flesh but also my mind.

       I full on sobbing now though the sound wasn't there Uncle Luci was panicking. Making shushing sounds and rocking me gently. "My Lord we were only playing a joke on you he really did come willing. He was only pretending to struggle. But he is truly crying now, and I don't know why."

Suddenly Tom gently picked Harry up.seeing the lost look in his eyes knew what to do settling Harry so his head was on his shoulder and leg's we're wrapped around his middle he held him close. And carefully walked around until his breathing evened out. Taking the silencing spell off and setting Harry in Lucius's arms again. Casting envinerate he saw Harry stretch like a cat in Lucius's arms before he tried to go back to sleep. "Harry do you remember what we were talking about?" Harry was still for several seconds before he nodded not turning around. But Lucius looked worried. As he threw Tom a pleading look.

          "Can you please tell me why that upset you? This way I can better help." Tom asked in a gentle voice. I hiccuped and held onto the front of uncle's robe's. Trying to press my face into them. "Different, freak, abomination, burden, useless." I said it quiet but I knew they both heard suddenly is was pulled from uncle's arms and was held like a baby by Tom. As he held me close. Tears steaming down his face. "No baby never, your not.... Your just special is all. Special is good not bad." Then held sat down and was rocking me gently. I cried for a bit as he cried with me. Then I said I want uncle. He looked at me funny then smiled.

        Once he let go I hopped down and went to uncle making grabby hands at him. He had a quisical look on his face but picked me up anyway. I curled up in his arms. And started playing with his hair. "Tom? What? No why is Harry acting like this?" He winced when I pulled his hair slightly.

           "I've noticed for a while now when he feels vulnerable he behaves like younger than he is. To that end I did some research. From what I can tell it will stop happening as he heals more mentally. But showing signs of attachment are good. He will probably stay very close with you during the mental healing process." He chuckled as I tried and failed to braid uncle's hair. Coming over and gently untangling me from uncle's hair. "He understands everything but will process it in the moment like a young child."

             "So he'll grow out of this. That's good I'd hate to know that it was some sort of permanent damage." Uncle said smiling down at me. Suddenly tickling me. I squealed with laughter till I almost peed. At that point at grabbed his hand and said stop he did so. I sat up more and and looked at Tom.

       An hour later everything sorted I picked up my shoulder bag and walked out calmly. Then darted to the nearest bathroom to relieve myself. It was nearing dinner. But I went back to Tom's office and knocked. Once I was called in I entered. "T-Tom can I ask you a favor?" When he gave me a nod i hesitantly asked. "Can you help me arrange for going to speak with Rita Skeeter? She's going to do a piece about Dumbledore and the ones that were hurting me. The day before the ministry trail it will come out. Everything is ready to go now and I want them all to pay." I looked down at my shoes expecting to be called a stupid child told no and sent to my room.

           "Well Harry I would be happy to help you set that up. Shall we do that tonight when you speak with Mayam Ripshang?" He asked me in an approving way. My head shot up to look at him. I nodded then darted forward giving him a quick hug before fleeing the office. Smiling all the way to my rooms where I deposited my bag and got washed up for dinner.