Leaving Hogwarts

Right after breakfast I went up to the tower shrinking my trunk. After placing it carefully in my pocket I went over my mental check list.

1. Everything packed ✔️
2. Dad's cloak in pocket ✔️
3. Trunk in pocket ✔️
4. Portkey still on wrist ✔️
5. Bag of prank items in other pocket ✔️

Okay I'm ready to go. Now what I guess I go mingle with the others ready. So I head down to the entrance to Hogwarts to wait. Making sure to thank the portraits on my way. Saying goodbye to the ghosts. And play again soon to peeves. When I get to the entrance I see a shit load of upper year Slytherins which would make anyone nervous. Especially since they seem to watch me out of the corner of their eyes.

As soon as the first carriage arrives I hop in quickly unnerved by the watchful eyes. It waits for three others before it moves only once we are moving do I notice who else is there. Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson, and Blaise zabini. 'Great just great got to lost in trying to quell my panic to notice them getting in here comes the hexes.' I think to myself sarcastically.

"Potter if you need us we're here." Draco stated quietly. Looking me right in the eye. "Probably won't believe me of all people, but we are all here. We know the Gryffindor's turned on you bad this time. And us Slytherins believe you." His voice was solemn and he looked completely honest.

"Y-you do?" My voice cracked thick with sudden emotion. "Nobody ever believes me until it's to late." I blinked hard trying to fight back the tears and failing. Not being able to help it I leaned forward and hugged him. Crying softly and whispering thank you's repeatively. He stiffened at first then began rubbing my back softly. And kept telling me it was okay.

As he took care of me he shot a look to the other carts around us also filled with Slytherins silently telling them not to breath a word of this anywhere. He could feel my breathing evening out so he gently pushed me away. "If you sleep like that you'll hurt your neck Potter." It was spoken gently. He carefully guided me back against Blaise who was sat next to me. Feeling Blaise wrap an arm around me I stiffened. But quickly relaxed feeling completely safe for once.

As I drifted listening to them talk quietly I thought back to first year. "Malfoy can I sit with you on the train? I don't want to be stuck with them please." I asked trying to sit up but Blaise held me in place easily.

It took a minute for him to answer. "Yes Potter I think that's the best idea you've had yet." He was quiet a moment then said. "let him up hunny we're almost there."

Startled I looked between Draco and Blaise. "Your... I.... That's aloud?but aren't you afraid they'll give you electric shocks? I won't tell safer that way... Right right..." I rambled starting to freak out. "Oh I erm I wasn't hitting on either of you I just sorta broke and you guys make me feel safe and well... erm sorry." My eyes were wide. I knew I looked scared so I looked away. Afraid I had ruined a possible real friendship right off the bat.

"P-harry we will talk about everything you just said on the train. Okay? and don't worry nobody here is angry with you." She said calmly gesturing at them. "Let's go before your so called friends show up alright?" She asked but pulled me up and manuvered me out of the carriage. Leaving me no option to argue. Not that I minded.

"Okay. Thank you Par-Pansy?" I gave her a hopeful look as I quickly moved to help her down. Offering the same for the others as I'd been taught to by Weasley and Granger. Seeing them side eye me as they came down

Once safely ensconced in a compartment with heavy locking and privacy charms. Pansy pulled the shades down. "Harry what did you mean when you asked if it's allowed? And what is electric shocks? And why would they give them to us, let alone us be afraid of that?" She asked clearly a forced calm. She waited for me patiently.

"Electric shocks are like taking many crucio to the head." I let the shock of that register for a moment then continued. "They do that to gay people. My aunt told me and Dudley about it. When he hit puberty." Again fear settled into their faces. But I continued. "They do that because it's not normal. Being gay isn't normal and anything not normal needs to be punished until it's becomes normal. But things here in the magical world are different. Magical's seem to like non normal things." I let the full weight of my words sink in before asking a question of my own. "Is it okay to be gay here? Ron, Mione, Ginny, and Dumbledore said it was a sign of being bad.

"THEY SAID WHAT!!!!!!" Draco yelled as the air sparked and crackled. Scaring me badly I was on the floor in an instant curling up to protect myself. "Of all the asinine things to put in your head! I'll ring their necks by han...." He cut himself off as he noticed where I was, and what I was doing. "Harry I-I'm sorry I'm not angry with you. But it was hard to breath. And harder still to hear him. I felt gentle warm hands caressing my back. After what felt like forever I finally calmed down enough to be pulled from my ball position on the floor. and into someone's lap vaguely heard pansy saying something but was still at a loss on what

"Harry I would like to know why you acted like a servant back there helping me out is considered gentlemanly behavior but help everyone out the way you did made you seem like a servant." I was just about to does off so I answered quietly.

"That is what they taught me to do. Ron will hurt me if I don't. So will mione and ginny. The boy who lived must serve others always." With that said I quickly descended into sleep completely exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster of today. And today wasn't even half over.