Hope Hurts

I was just sitting at the owlry waiting and reading they don't like to look for me hear. Smelly but worth it. When a bird lands on me and gently nips my ear I smile. "You know Ulysses Hedwig will get jealous if she see you there or gods forbid draco does." A soft clicking sound tells me he knows but doesn't care. When a aggravated hoot is followed by another bird landing on me I smile "See Ulysses? But don't be to mad Hedwig after all he gets lonely. How would you feel if draco was your buddy instead of me?"

Getting a softer hoot as I take the letter careful not to disturb either of them. I open it and read. Instant hope blooms in my chest. It hurts and I know why. I've been let down to many times to like hope anymore. so I pulled out my letter supplies. And began writing.

Mr. Tomson

It was right in front of the headmasters office only the portraits and me unfortunately. He often sits in the owlry to get away. As for Hedwig he lets me use her from time to time so she can fly he doesn't have anyone to write to. Though I didn't tell him about this but it's the only owl I know that can find someone without proper address. As for kidnapping him... That's an idea I'm sure he won't care long as he's treated descent. Giving him books would be best idea to fix up his education. He's not to trusting of people. As for Lucius knowing about me using Potter's bird doesn't bother me. May I suggest portkey to isolated location. After all I can use pretty much any of these birds here at school they like me. As for questions what was your favorite subject at school? And are you really going to help him? saw him a bit ago I think giving him hope hurt him in a way.

Anonymous

P.S. Draco Malfoy needs to lay off. Didn't anyone ever tell him that you shouldn't speak ill of the dead if I hear him say one more thing about Potter's parents I'm going to forcibly wash his mouth out with soap!!!! Also someone should tell him to spend some time with Ulysses he gets lonely.

Sealing the letter then addressing it to Mr. Tomson. I give a thoughtful look at Ulysses. Then I put it in another envelope addressing it to Mr Lucius Malfoy. And tie it to Ulysses. "Take the to Lucius Malfoy please Ulysses." Watching him fly off. I look at Hedwig "I know Hedwig but this way is good plus people will think it weird if your not here sometimes see you at lunch I need someone smart to talk to. I stroke her feathers then give her a light kiss on the head. "Bye for now girl."