Chapter 7 - Madison

We drive down a long, quiet road where every home seems picturesque. Perfectly trimmed green grass lines every homes' front lawn and parents wave as their children mill about.

After five minutes of taking in the lush land and trees we turn onto a cul-de-sac and drive down a semi long driveway that leads to a beautiful two story brick home.

Maxon turns the engine off and looks over at me with a grin. "We're here."

I stare in awe at what is Maxon's childhood home. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was definitely not this. I can see that being an only child had its perks.

"Mi amor." Maxon gives my hand a gentle squeeze and I snap out of my shocked stupor and glance over at him.

He's biting down on his lip. "We're here." He repeats but my gaze stays on his lips. My God, does that make him look sexy or what?

His gaze darkens but I look away saying, "I'm nervous."

As I take in his home the place suddenly seems massive before me. Looming over me.

He leans over and cups my chin between his thumb and forefinger. "Hey, don't be." He gives me a peck on the lips. "I'll be with you the whole time. Besides, I know she'll love you."

With a wink he gets out of the car and rounds it to open my door for me.

I step out and can't help but wring my fingers.

Maxon notices this and instantly rests his hands on my hips and pulls me to him, our bodies pressing up against each other's.

"Together, okay? I won't leave your side."

I nod, taking in a deep breath to calm me down but just as I'm about to exhale, Maxon lowers his head to mine, capturing my lips with his. His warm, soft lips move slowly, sensually against mine and I melt into his arms. I know what he's doing and it's working. I bring my hands up, running them through the soft strands of his hair. Just as I open up for him he pulls back.

"Mi amor." He says gruffly against my lips.

I meet his gaze and find them dark with lust. I bite my lip holding back my own desire for him as he whispers against me. "We'll finish this later."

With a racing heart, he takes my hand and leads us up the winding cobblestone walkway to the door that suddenly seems intimidating.

My lust clouded mind is suddenly penetrated by fear and the what-ifs.

What if Maxon's mom hates me?

What if she thinks I'm not good enough for her son and kicks me out?

Oh God.

What if I don't like his mom? What will I do then?

Maxon tightens his grip on my hand, most likely sensing my thoughts. I glance up at him and he gives me a reassuring smile. Just as he's raising his hand to ring the doorbell the door swings open.

"My baby boy!" The woman exclaims and pulls Maxon into her loving arms. He lets go of my hand to wrap his arms tightly around the woman I know to be his mother.

"I've missed you! So, so much." She grips her son tightly as he towers over her small figure.
"I've missed you too, ma."

I stand there quietly, watching as a mother and son reunite for the first time in over a year.

I hadn't realized I was smiling until the same emerald eyes as her son lock onto mine. I find my grin faltering as butterflies start partying in my tummy.