Chapter 45 - Madison

"What do you mean he doesn't want to date you anymore? What kind of bullshit is that?" Trinity demands as my mom brings me in a bowl of tomato soup.

"I'm not hungry, Ma."
"Eat, hija. You have to not only look out for yourself but your baby."

I wipe some tears from my face and sit up, my mom placing the soup on a nearby plastic table.

"Madi, are you sure?" Leah asks softly and anger boils in my stomach.

"I don't think I would be this miserable if I wasn't. I'm not that great of an actress, Leah."

"But it just doesn't make sense..."

"So does that mean no more mini vacation?" Liam asks and Trinity and Leah both glare at him.

My mom grabs him by the arm. "Ay, mijito. Let's go. You clearly need to get your priorities straight."

"But–he–fuck. You are having his baby Mad! How?! I just don't understand—"

"Vámonos, Liam." Let's go, Liam.

With one final glance my way Liam follows my mom back to the kitchen leaving me alone with my sisters.

"So you didn't tell him? About the baby?"

I shake my head. "He looked off and...yeah. I asked him what was wrong and that's when he," I take in a shaky breath. "broke it off with me. It happened before I had the chance."

"Why didn't you still tell him? I would've!"

"For what, T? He wants her."

"That's fucking bullshit. Why the fuck would he take back that cheating, gold-digging bitch?"

I glare at Trinity. "Well believe it Trinity because apparently he never stopped loving her."

Tears unwillingly slip down my face. God, it still hurts. But I have to be strong. It was his decision. I did nothing wrong.

"Fucking idiot." She mutters.

"Mad, I still think he loves you." Leah whispers softly and I burst out laughing.

I'm feeling so many emotions right now I don't even know which one to stay on. Add hormones and...I'm giving myself whiplash.

"Doubtful, Leah. He left me. And he knew..." Tears again. I must look insane.

"Madi, calm down. This isn't good for the uh, the..."
"Baby?" Leah supplies.

"Yeah. The...kid."

Leah rolls her eyes at Trinity's inability to say baby. "What? Despite mom warning us with her dream, it's weird to know that our older sister is growing a baby inside her!"

Leah looks at me with a grin. "Wanna talk about the baby instead? She may not have her dad but she has all of us. Vanessa too. She'll be loved."

"She?" I meet Leah's soft gaze, confused as to why she thinks that since I'm not sure what I'm having yet.
"I'm really hoping she's a girl." She confesses.

"Me too." Trinity agrees.

I run a hand down my still flat stomach. "Vanessa is too."
"And you?"

"I–I don't know. As long as he or she is healthy. But..." I bite my lip. "I would love it if she's a girl. I can dress her up in cute bows and dresses. Themed with the holidays!"

I begin to perk up and decide that despite Maxon leaving me, he left me with a beautiful gift.

"See that's the spirit! And then I can babysit her. Hailey's now talking nonstop." Leah grins reminding me of the little girl I used to babysit before going to live with Maxon in Boston.

"I can't wait, Madi!"

My phone beeps with a message and I pull it out.
Vanessa: Landing in thirty minutes. Will be there as soon as I can.

I reply with an okay and a thank you.

As soon as I left Maxon's home I texted her letting her know I was leaving Boston and moving back to California. She immediately demanded to know why and feared Luke's suspicions had something to do with it. Apparently, Maxon had been serious for days. Even before the game.

She was the one texting me that night.

Vanessa: Hey, Luke just arrived home. Said Maxon was awfully serious.

Vanessa: Have you told him yet? OMG. Hopefully he's over the moon and that got him in a better mood!

Vanessa: Mad? He better be fucking another baby into you!

That was her last message and boy was she so far from the truth.

"Was that V?" Trinity asks and I nod.

"She better have some sort of explanation for this because all of this is happening because of her."

"That's not true, T."
"If I recall correctly, she's the one who basically gave you no choice to go to New York with her. That's when all of these problems started."

"She didn't force me to be with him."

"No but she definitely sang his praises. And... fuck, I may be a bit angry since we all got attached to him. I know Liam's really upset."

I know he is too. Though his comment may have sounded insensitive earlier, I knew he viewed Maxon as the brother he never had. He wiggled his way into all of our hearts and that I can't deny. But what hurts me one hundred times more is he not only hurt me, but my family. They all loved him.

"I know he is," I tell her. "But I'm pretty sure Vanessa didn't know this was going to happen. She's known Maxon for so long and...I don't know. What's done is done. Don't blame this on her. They were his actions not hers."

"Mad?" Leah whispers and I look at my younger sister. "What about the media? Not that it really matters but you know, you both announced your relationship to the entire world."

I sigh. I hadn't even thought about the fame aspect of this. "I don't know Lee. I just want my baby and you guys to be safe. I want all of us to be safe and I don't need the stress from that. Besides, it's his problem not mine. He has the connections, I don't. Maybe no one will even notice we aren't together."

Trinity has her phone pulled out and scrolls through the media.

"He hasn't said a word as far as I can tell."

I groan. "I really don't want to know. He can do what he wants."

Trinity tucks her phone away and I meet her and Leah's gaze. "As soon as Vanessa gets here we talk and hopefully we can put this behind us. I just want to move on."

I run my hand down my stomach again.
"I have to move on."