Chapter 16 - Madison

It's been a week since we spent Labor Day weekend in Louisiana with Maxon's mother and he didn't mention Savannah again. Just last week our lives were a bit more easy going. Now I know those relaxing times are over. I've been managing four college courses so far and Maxon flew out today to Florida for an away game. For the first time in my life, I attended an NFL game and I couldn't have been more proud of Maxon. Vanessa flew out last minute to support her brother on the first official start to the season as well as to keep me company. It was good to see her though I wish my mom and siblings had come.

Anway, solemn thought aside, Maxon and Luke's team one the first kick off to the season.

When I tell you they celebrated, they celebrated. All New England did and just like Maxon, they find it promising that they will make it to the Super Bowl this year. Maxon's told me that they've come close but have yet to get there. I have faith that they will.

My siblings too since they watched the game from t.v.

I walk around an empty house, deciding to get some exercise in. It's been a while since I've done any and when I start feeling stressed or on edge, it always helps.

I click youtube on Maxon's television hanging in the living room and search up one of the fitness channels.

I click on one of those dance workouts I used to do back home. 'Energy Boost Dance Party.' Just what I need.

Ten minutes later my muscles are burning and I feel in a lighter mood.

A light sweat coats my skin since I don't sweat so easily. Figuring it's not enough, I decide to click two more videos and an hour later I'm a sweaty, tired, but energized mess.

I listen to music while I stretch and cool off then go head to the shower.

After I finish, I throw on some comfortable clothing. Sweats and a sweatshirt since it's starting to cool off and grab my laptop.

I stare at my phone. 8pm.

I sit there, laptop on the bed and decide whether or not I should search through jobs around here.

Should I? Will it be too stressful?

I mean, I already tried it back in Cali and handled it just fine.

Look. I'm just going to look and see what is available.

Thirty minutes in, my iPhone rings. An image of Maxon pops up and I answer with a smile on my face.

"Hello?"

"Mi amor, how are you?" His deep voice comes through the phone.

"Good and you?"

"Missing you. I hate that I have to travel when I have you waiting for me back home."

Home. This is our home now.

"You'll be back before you know it."
"I hope so. Life is infinitely more boring without you in it."

"Hey!" I hear Luke shout in the background. "Aren't I here to keep you entertained? Dude, come on now."
"You aren't as pretty as my girl so no." I hear Maxon tell him and I listen as Luke whines. I swear, he's like a big man child. I love him despite that though.

"Mad! Would you mind if I take your man out clubbing?"

"Shut up, Luke. I wouldn't go. You would just have to take Isaiah."

I stifle a grin as Luke says. "Isaiah's like an old man. He doesn't party the way you and I do."

"Used to. Not anymore."