Chapter 25 - Madison

"Guess who called me?" Trinity's voice comes through the speaker.

"I have no idea." I reply, mopping down the floors. A few days ago, Maxon's team won against the Denver Broncos which means this week is against the LA Rams. Which also means I have to be flying out tomorrow for our debut appearance on a talk show later this week. For who? I'm not sure. I don't know the details. And I'm sure Maxon did that on purpose to keep my nerves at bay. Which is helping. Sort of.

Meanwhile though, I don't want us to come home to a dirty house–not that it even is but still. It doesn't hurt to keep myself occupied.

"Guess."

I groan, frustration building in me. "Why do you guys always make me guess? You know I hate that."

She continues waiting patiently and I relent. "Your ex? The guy that you dumped and didn't tell me or anyone about for that matter?"

"NO! Maxon!"

I stop what I'm doing, "What? Maxon? He called you? Did something happen? Please tell me everything's–"

"Everything's fine! Better than fine actually. You know how you said you were coming over to visit?"

I nod then remember she can't see me. "Yes."

"Well, we're going to be able to spend more time with you!"

"We'll be driving up to LA with Vanessa since he got all of us tickets to his next game! We'll be watching him play as well as hanging out with you! Can't you believe that?"

My jaw is agape. I have no words for the thoughtfulness and consideration Maxon has not only been putting into me but my family as well.

"Madi?"

"Yeah–I-I can't wait!" Tears fill my eyes. "Does this mean–?"

"You said you were flying out to LA directly right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, Maxon booked you a flight here instead."

We live an hour or two south of LA so it shouldn't be that drastic of a change.

"He did this for you, Madi." She says softly. "If that isn't love than I don't know what is."

Tears stream down my face and a sob rips from my throat. I'll finally be able to see my family.

"Don't cry, Madi. Vanessa will be the one to pick you up tomorrow and we'll be here waiting."

"Wait, aren't you coming with–?"

"No, we know she needs to see you and spend a bit of time alone before we steal you from her."

That earns a soft laugh from me. "Thanks, T. You guys are truly the best. The best family I could ask for."

"No problem, Mad. But remember. Maxon's a part of that family now too."

"I do." I tell her. Maxon's not real. But he is. He somehow always manages to surprise me and make me feel on top of the world. How did I get so damn lucky with a guy like him?

"Alright, see you tomorrow Mad! I can't believe I'm even saying that." Trinity lets out a contented sigh and I grin, wiping away tears from my face. "But... see you tomorrow! We can't wait!"

"Me neither. And see you tomorrow, bye T."

"Bye. Have a safe flight."

I immediately open up my messages app and text Maxon.

Me: Thank you *Heart emoji*

The three dots immediately appear.

His message comes through and tears once again stream down my face.