Chapter 26 - Madison

I spent the rest of the day being welcomed by my mom, siblings, and Vanessa. It felt good to see them after a couple of months being so far apart. They threw me a mini welcome home party and were going on about how excited they are to see the game and watch our debut on t.v.

I try to forget all of that as we continue to laugh, cry, and just have a good time. Maxon texts throughout the day and ends by reminding me he will drive over to pick me up tomorrow since we have to get ready for the talk show.

I send him a thumbs up and although I'm extremely nervous, I know having him by my side will make things infinitely better.

"Do you think you guys can come to one of my school's games?" Liam asks as I get ready for bed.

Since I left my things back in Boston I will be sleeping on the floor. Liam has now taken over my old room and I know for a fact he isn't offering to give it back. Which I don't mind, it's his now.

I look over at him and see him standing against the door frame as I set up my 'bed'.

"A football game?"

He nods and a small smile graces my face. "I see someone's trying to impress Maxon Blake."

He blushes. Legit blushes and of course, I have to point it out. "You're blushing! Trinity, come in here! Liam's blushing!"

He groans and just as Trinity walks in with a grin he says, "Shut up, Madi. God, you have such a big mouth."

Leah walks in with a cheeky grin. "Don't let Maxon hear you say that."

"You–shut up, Leah."
Of course, she doesn't. "You guys should see him at school. HE tries to act all tough but there's this one girl he always blushes around. She's in my grade and her name is–"

He covers her mouth with his hand and I'm actually surprised by how much she revealed just now. "Shut. Up, Leah."
"I'm not even going to ask." Trinity says and she takes a seat on her bed.

"Honestly, me neither."

"What? Madison not commenting and being nosy for the first time?" He rolls his eyes and I hear the sarcasm.

"Shut up, Liam before I change my mind. You asked a question and I'm going to answer. Do you want to know or not?"

"I do." He answers sheepishly.

"Well, Maxon should be having a free week soon. It's actually the week before Thanksgiving. I'll see what he says but I'm sure he will answer yes."

"Really?"

I nod. "Really. You can always ask him yourself later this week."

"You know what? Maybe I will. Who knows what you may tell him and I don't want to embarrass myself anymore than I already have with you three."

We all let out a laugh then give a little prayer to God before heading to bed.

I lay there in silence, since it always takes me a while to fall asleep, when Trinity whispers. "It's good to have you back, Madi, even if it is for a few days."

"Thanks, T." I stare at the ceiling and know she's doing the same. "It's crazy to realize just how much we depend and need each other. It hits differently when it's your reality." As kids we always pictured it being easy to each live our separate lives but as you get older, you realize just how attached you are to your family.

"I'm home alone more often than not and it really hits then. That's part of why I got a job but, you know, the chaos that happened."

"I do." Trinity is quiet for a few moments then, "Was he worth it? Going with Maxon, I mean."