Vol. 1: Chapter 3.1 - Start with the Most Troublesome

The second day of school came. I entered the room and found my classmates acting like how they did on the first day. When Hirata saw my humble figure, he immediately greeted me.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun." Hirata waved his hand.

"Good morning!" Some of the girls who were talking to Hirata greeted me too.

"Good morning," I replied.

I noticed that almost everyone looked at me when I arrived. From their perspective, I'm probably on Hirata's level in the social hierarchy so they can't openly talk to me without feeling pretentious. I need to do something about that.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you're here! Good morning!" Kushida ran up to me excitedly.

I sure am a lucky man, having such an angelic girl as a friend.

--?!

I sensed killing intent... Well, I did, but it's just from my male classmates, who clearly want to score on Kushida.

"Good morning, Kushida. What's up?" I said.

"Oh, nothing... Well, uh- I was wondering if you'll talk to the whole class later. As you can probably guess, I think most of us are still not a hundred percent clear with the situation..." Amazing. Kushida's goal was probably just to greet me. However, she immediately thought of something so as to not make the atmosphere awkward.

"I will. Don't worry. But for that, I'll need your help along with Hirata. I can't possibly keep the whole class intact without you two." I reassured her.

"Leave it to us!" Kushida nodded with a smile.

She waved her hand while scooting back to her friends.

"Good morning, Horikita." I greeted my seatmate without looking at her.

"Good morning." Horikita did the same as she kept her eyes on the book she was reading.

As much as I wanted to stay seated while looking outside the window, I should probably work on getting to know my other male classmates. I stood up, much to Horikita's indifference. I walked towards Sudou's seat when I noticed that the owner has arrived.

"Sup', Sudou." I tried to act casually.

From the way Sudou acted yesterday, I think it would be a bad idea to be as formal and amicable as Hirata.

"Oh, Ayanokouji, what's up?" Sudou looked with a slightly surprised expression.

"Yesterday was something, wasn't it?"

Having only talked to him once, I can't possibly think of anything else other than the events yesterday. However, that's fine. After all, me talking to Sudou is just one part of my plan.

"Oh, yeah... Those upperclassmen were a bunch of assholes, weren't they?" Sudou clicked his tongue upon recalling those memories.

"Based on what they said, I guess we can really believe what Chabashira-sensei told us yesterday."

"Yeah... Class D... and class points, huh?" Sudou felt quite unsettled.

"Hey, Sudou!" Three guys approached us.

"Oh, Ike, what's up?" greeted Sudou.

Finally.

With Sudou as the middleman, these three will try to get to know me. That's probably what they're thinking. That's fine. After all, my plan was exactly just that.

"Ayanokouji? You're buddies with Sudou?" Ike asked.

"Yeah, why?" I admitted.

"Yeah, right. I'm friends with Ayanokouji. You got a problem with that?" Sudou added with a proud tone.