Vol. 2: Chapter 7.2 - Reprisal

The students of Class B had different opinions on Ike and Yamauchi's case, but because everyone believed what Hondou and Miyamoto have told them, at least no one thought that Ike and Yamauchi were guilty. The very next day, most of the guys asked the two people of interest about the incident. Even though some of their usual enthusiasm returned, of course, Ike and Yamauchi were still a bit stiff about everything. Not only were they at the risk of expulsion, but their reputation inside the classroom, especially with the girls, worsened even more. It was no longer just a matter of them being a couple of annoying perverts. This time, they put the class at risk. Ichinose's Class C was only 121 points away from us, after all. For example, if their suspensions cost us 60 points each, then we're in critical danger. Any more than that, and we're going to be demoted to Class C.

The class kept everything closed, especially after Hirata and the rest relayed to us what Chabashira-sensei told them yesterday. We already got Ike and Yamauchi to agree with letting the class know about the incident during the 12th, anyway.

When class ended, Ike, Yamauchi, and Horikita proceeded to a conference room along with Chabashira-sensei.

Hirata spent some time with Karuizawa and their friends, so Kikyou and I remained in the classroom, waiting for the meeting to finish. We took two seats and moved them right next to each other (her idea).

"Are you worried about Horikita?" I asked.

"Huh? No, I'm not. Why would I be?" Kikyou replied with a glare.

"I see. So you're confident in her," I joked.

"I'll punch you, Kiyotaka-kun." The veins on her forehead were visible. Well, no, they weren't, but I felt like they were.

"I'm kidding. I am a bit anxious, though. She might not be able to bring her best out," I said.

When we asked Chabashira-sensei about the details of the so-called 'hearing', she told us that it would be held by the student council led by the student council president. Horikita instantly stiffened upon hearing that.

"President Horikita, huh? What's up with the two of them?" asked Kikyou.

"I don't really know. Maybe Horikita has some confidence issues when her brother is around. He's quite accomplished, after all," I replied with a shrug.

"That's true. Horikita-san was originally placed in Class D, so I guess that might've been something that she's insecure about."

After talking about Horikita, Kikyou and I caught up on stuff that was happening in our separate friend groups. In the midst of our conversation, she suddenly asked something strange.

"Do you want a girlfriend, Kiyotaka-kun?"

She wore an expression of curiosity, but her body language exuded nervousness and anxiety.

"I mean, as a normal high school boy, I guess I do?"

"T-Then... If a girl confesses their feelings for you... Would you accept them?"

Kikyou's restless expressions were so adorable that I thought she was doing her cute-girl act again. However, anyone can tell that her jumpiness was authentic. I decided to answer seriously instead of making a joke.

"Hmm... I think it still depends on who the girl is. I'd probably reject them if I don't know anything about them. But of course, I'd still express my gratitude."

"Okay... But what if they're someone from Class B? You're close with all the girls in our class, right?"

Well, I'm probably friends with every girl in our class, but I'm not inclined to say that we're close.