Vol. 4: Chapter 4.1 - Conference of Dragons

[The first group discussion begins now.]

Some of us instinctively glanced towards the loudspeaker inside the room.

"Alright, attention everyone! As the school has instructed us, I think we ought to introduce ourselves to each other. Well, even if we weren't told to do so, I would've suggested this, regardless. Since we'll have two group discussions every day, it would be great if I can learn everyone's names," said Ichinose.

She acted in an instant. It was the type of move that Ichinose Honami would do like it was natural for her. And since Ichinose was surrounded by enemies, volunteering to lead the group should've been drastically more difficult. However, it didn't seem that way to her at all.

The fact she was the first one to act-- In terms of initiative and decisiveness, it seems like Ichinose Honami outclasses Hirata and Kikyou, the two social elites of Class B.

"I agree. I want to know everyone, as well," replied Hirata.

"I'm the same! If possible, let's all get along," followed Kikyou.

Speaking just a split second after Ichinose had finished her proposal was expected for both of them. However, while I wasn't too bothered by Ryuuen's grin, Katsuragi and his classmates were being strangely quiet.

"Then, I'll go first. I'm Ichinose Honami, from Class C. Nice to meet you, everyone," she said.

"I'm Kanzaki Ryuuji, from Class C."

"My name is Tsube Hitomi, also from Class C!"

The three Class C students were warmly received by Hirata and Kikyou.

"Nice to meet you." Hirata stood up and took his turn. "I'm Hirata Yousuke, from Class B. I hope we can all get along."

"I'm Kushida Kikyou, from Class B. I'm pleased to be with everyone here and I'm looking forward to working with you all." Kikyou, much like Ichinose, introduced herself perfectly.

I nudged Horikita's side with my elbow, telling her to go next. She stood up with little hesitation and introduced herself.

"Horikita Suzune. Class B." And then she sat.

Oi, oi, can you get more mechanical than that?

Here, let me show you how it's done.

"I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, from Class B." And then I sat.

I take it back. We're made from the same junk shop. I'm sorry, Horikita.

Well at least, it wasn't a disaster like my first self-introduction back in April.

After Class C reciprocated our welcome, it was finally Class A and D's turn. We looked at them with different expressions-- mostly curious. But it didn't seem like they had any intention of joining in.

"You guys done playing house?" asked Ryuuen. "No? Alright then. Hey, you two, introduce yourselves."

Suzuki and Sonoda stood up with stiff postures.

"I'm Suzuki Hidetoshi, from Class D."

"I'm Sonoda Masashi, from Class D."

They immediately sat afterward. I didn't know if they were embarrassed or scared.

"Nice to meet you, Sonoda-kun, Suzuki-kun." Ichinose acknowledged their introductions with a smile.

"Please look after me during this exam." Kikyou did the same. 

"Ryuuen-kun, would you like to introduce yourself?" asked Ichinose.

"Kuku. These two are nobodies, so I let them play along with you guys. But what about me? I'm sure my name's known to all of the people in this room. No introductions needed." Ryuuen smilingly adjusted his legs and leaned back a bit.