Vol. 4: Chapter 8.1 - How Did He?

(11:12) [That's true. Things will most likely escalate in "that" direction, so I doubt you'd be able to do what she expects you to.]

(11:12) [Yeah.]
(11:12) [This should've been my role, but I can't fight a war for anyone.]

(11:12) [If violence or anything related is expected of me, then I'd rather be uninvolved.]
(11:12) [I'm sure she'll lash out if I refuse to do what she wants.]

(11:12) [Well, it's understandable given her past experiences.]

(11:13) [Alright, I'll be taking care of her troubles from here on out.]

(11:13) [I know I asked you to do this, but is it really okay with you?]

(11:13) [Of course.]

(11:13) [Since Horikita will be the one who's preoccupied with the exam, I'm very free to use my mind somewhere else.]

(11:13) [I'll trust your methods, but please don't do anything to harm yourself like before.]

(11:14) [Don't worry, I won't do that again.]

"Hm...? Kiyotaka-kun?"

"Airi? What are you doing here?"

I split up with the other three and continued treading the hallways. I was checking a certain online conversation when I coincidentally stumbled upon my friend, Sakura Airi.

"Ah, I was actually headed towards the Rabbit Group's room. Azuma-san gave me the okay for the photo that I took of her, so I thought I'd ask Sotomura-kun to recommend some good edits for it," she said, taking out a small memory card from her breast pocket.

"Oh, you and Haruka mentioned that during lunch, right-- the Photo Contest?"

"Yes... Haruka-chan suggested that I take part in that small competition before summer. At first, I was hesitant, but I made up my mind after seeing everyone else around me work their hardest."

"I'm happy for you. You're slowly opening up to more people. I can't believe you asked Azuma to be your subject."

"Mn..." Airi sheepishly nodded. "Azuma-san is really cute and her smile is perfect for the theme... but part of it is because I want her and Ichihashi-san to get along with Haruka-chan."

I see. I've heard Haruka briefly talk about it a long time ago. She didn't seem to have the best impression of them, much like how she did with Karuizawa and her group.

"You're such a good friend, Airi." I reflexively reached my arms and patted her head.

"K-Kiyotaka-kun... We're still out in the hallway, you know...?" Airi panicked as she fossicked around to see if people were looking at us, but my actions made her visibly happy.

I'm proud of her, to say the least. She's even going so far as to ask for advice from Professor, an unfamiliar male classmate. Well, compared to Yamauchi and the other guys, he's the most approachable one despite his strange way of speaking.

The two of us continued walking towards the Rabbit Room and saw Professor walking out with Yukimura.

"Ayanokouji and Sakura? What are you doing here?" asked Yukimura.

"It seems like Airi has some business with Professor. Do you mind?"

"Ohh, Sakura-dono, you're here." Professor didn't look surprised at all. "It's about the contest, correct? I was already contacted beforehand and I gotta say, I'm quite honored to be of use. Please pass my thanks to Miyake-dono for recommending my personage."