Vol. 4: Chapter 8.3 - Parasite

I sprinted out of the Dragon Group's room with haste.

"Oh-? Ayanokouji-kun-?"

I briefly ran past Hoshinomiya-sensei who seemed to be approaching our room. The contract must've been completed and she was going to deliver it to Ichinose.

Students started going out of their respective rooms. Since the hallway was wide, I didn't bump into anyone despite the speed that I was going at. Yukimura messaged me about what he knew. It seemed like Manabe and her friends took Karuizawa to the emergency stairwell. 

Good. It was the only detail that I needed, anyway.

After telling Yukimura to retreat, I gave him and Hamaguchi some instructions to meet up with Ichinose. I'll leave the explanations up to her.

I reached the dark corner on the way to the emergency exit. It was obvious that something was about to happen. Since the elevators weren't crowded, there was no reason to be here. I slowly entered the small hallway and saw the door to the emergency stairwell.

*Ka-chak*

And now it's shut.

I sneaked up to the door and found four female students. They were visible from the small, circular glass window.

Three of them were Manabe Shiho, Yamashita Saki, and Yabu Nanami. They surrounded my friend and classmate; Karuizawa Kei.

Karuizawa and I got along pretty well. It might've been brought on by my knowledge of her past. However, she had Hirata, so we never really got a chance to become closer. Sure, we've gone out to eat with her group many times, but her attention was mostly focused on Hirata for obvious reasons.

I was busy leading the class, and she was busy leading the girls while increasing her reputation for self-protection.

Karuizawa has done a fine job with all of that... However...

"Hey, why'd you bring me to a place like this?!" she protested.

"Stop playing dumb. You did push Rika, didn't you? Start talking." Manabe interrogated her with a glare.

"H-Huh? I already told you, you've got the wrong person!"

The three of them surrounded Karuizawa, forcing her against the wall. She was cornered and had no escape. Yet despite this, Karuizawa offered no apologies. She continued to deny their allegations which would make a normal person consider her innocence.

"Look, I have plans later. Can you please move?" asked Karuizawa.

"Sure, but we'll have to finish up our business first. Let's confirm it right now. I'm going to call Rika and if we really have the wrong person, you're free to go. We'll even apologize for causing you some inconvenience."

Manabe's confident tone meant that she already confirmed things with Morofuji in advance. Karuizawa's eyebrows twitched a little. She's panicking.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'll call the teacher."

"And what will you tell the teacher, exactly? It's not like we're being violent with you or anything. Besides, we can also rat you out when that happens. We'll say you pushed Rika, and regardless of whether the truth is revealed, you'll still get in trouble."

Anyone could guess that Karuizawa's mind is in turmoil, but she was doing a great job at hiding it. Since the other side had no intention of backing down, she had no choice but to try escaping. However, the girls managed to grab her arm and she was pushed up against the wall. One of them took out their phone, probably to call Morofuji.