Vol. 3: Chapter 9.2 - Small Blunder

Akito, Ken, Professor, Ijuuin, Okitani, and Makida were the guys left at the base camp to swim on the river, including me. Meanwhile, the girls were: Airi, Haruka, Horikita, Kikyou, Ishikura, Onodera, and Nishimura. Matsushita was here with us not too long ago, but she was fetched by Satou and Shinohara.

On a slightly farther riverbank, Ibuki observed the running water with a calm expression.

"Kokoro-chan and Mii-chan will be staying at the beach today. I think it'll be fine as long they have each other. Nene-chan and Ichihashi-san will be there with them as well."

"I see..."

"It's alright, Ayanokouji-kun. You didn't have to feel guilty or anything. Kokoro-chan just needs some time," said Nishimura.

It wasn't a surprise that Kikyou's friend group know about what happened between me and Inogashira. After all, they should've been the ones who comforted her when she got back.

I faced Kikyou after Nishimura left.

"So she was the girl you were talking about from back then, huh?"

"Yeah..."

It seemed like Kikyou wanted to tell me more, but something was stopping her.

"Kikyou... I only heard about this from someone so correct me if I'm wrong, but is it true that a lot of the girls in our class like me?"

Kikyou was shocked by my words. She turned her head around, looking for anyone who might've heard me.

"K-Kiyotaka-kun, who told you?"

"You know I can't tell you that."

"That's understandable, and I can already guess who it is, anyway," she shrugged. "Well, since you're already aware, then I guess it's fine if I tell you more."

"Please do... I don't really know what to believe anymore..." I sighed.

"Hihi~. I'm the only one you can truly believe, after all~."

"Yes, yes, you're the only one. Now tell me." I dismissed her teasing with a deadpan response.

"Geez, you don't have to be sarcastic about saying it!" Kikyou pouted cutely.

I patted her head on reflex but retreated my hand after a few seconds. It would be bad if anyone comes by. Looking a bit disappointed, Kikyou began to speak.

"Well, first of all, it's true that a lot of the girls in our class like you." Kikyou stopped herself before continuing. "But I guess it's more accurate to say that all of the girls in our class have a crush on you at the very least..."

"Are you serious...? I understand that Hirata's already taken, but..."

Objectively speaking, it should make sense that some of them would develop a romantic attraction towards me. Kikyou, Matsushita, Satou, Mori, Airi, and Haruka were the most plausible candidates given how close I was with them...

"Oh, you don't have to think too much about it. It's not like you're the only guy that they're crushing on. Girls can have more than one crush at the same time, you know? That's what makes us girls~!"

"O-Oh... Is that how it works...?"

"Yep~! But of course, once we find a person that we truly like, then those other crushes would naturally disappear... unless you're a two-timer or something..." Kikyou rolled her eyes.

She's told me a lot of stories about shitty people in the past. One of them was a guy who adamantly hit on her despite having a girlfriend. Of course, she still had to keep her face up no matter how much she wanted to chew him out. She had it hard back then, huh?