SS.12 - Summer Before Solace

August 7th, 5:45 PM.

Around the pool area...

"Good job on the exam, everyone. I sincerely commend you for your efforts." Kouenji flipped his hair before taking a sip of his drink. He arrogantly snorted with a smile.

"Kouenji, you bastard! You ditched us outta nowhere!" yelled Sudou.

"We could've bagged in 30 more points!" followed Yamauchi.

"Well, wasn't it unfortunate? I was of poor health, so there was no option left for me other than an untimely retirement."

"Poor health? Look at you and your damned speedo! I bet you've been lazing around in this ship while we were bustin' our asses on the island!" scolded Ike.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" Kouenji continued laughing as if he heard nothing. "Well then, I shall head back and relax for today. You might want to go night swimming while the residue of my perfect body is still in the pool."

And with that, Kouenji boldly walked off the pool area while being followed by a bellhop. 

"S-Sir, please don't walk inside the hallways like that!"

This poor bellhop had been warning him to dry off before treading the hallways.

"Hey, Kouenji, get back here!" Sudou angrily called out to him.

"A-At least give us some tips on the good places!" yelled Miyamoto, who had other priorities.

Most Class B students were also at the scene. They did nothing but smile bitterly while thinking; "It's Kouenji being Kouenji again...".

Sitting on a nearby table were Sakura, Hasebe, and Miyake.

"Look at Ken raging at Kouenji with the idiots," sighed Miyake.

"Oh, let him be, Miyacchi. He's one of them, after all." Hasebe chuckled with a side glance.

Sakura quietly listened as she took a sip of her drink.

"Well, idiots aside, where do you guys wanna go for dinner? We'll just tell Ken when he gets here and we can also invite Kiyotaka if he's down to go," asked Miyake.

"Ooh, I wanna go to that French restaurant! We really wanted to try that, right, Airi?"

"Mn, it's quite fancy and the food looks delicious." Sakura answered while chewing the tapioca pearls. She looked like a little squirrel munching on acorns.

"Alright, let's go later then." Miyake nodded in agreement.

August 7th, 7:10 PM.

It seems like we'll meet around 8:00 PM for dinner... Well, I still got some time. Why don't I make my way to the 8th deck and check things out?

After asking the receptionist, I made my way to his room and knocked.

It didn't take two seconds before Yamada Albert opened the door for me. He stood guard while staring at me.

"It's fine. I'm just here for a visit," I said in English.

"Let him in, Albert. It's not a bad time for kings to have a chat." Ryuuen's voice echoed throughout the suite.

Albert gently opened the door all the way and stood back. I sat on the sofa that was near the main bed.

"How are you feeling, Ryuuen?"

"Keh, that's what I should be asking you. You smashed your damn head open."

"The risk on that is much easier to manipulate than actual self-poisoning. Two small pieces of those holly berries can easily kill you."

Ryuuen scoffed in amusement.