Vol. 4: Chapter 7.2 - Scriptwriter

2nd Day, 12:55 PM.

It was almost time for our 3rd discussion.

Sigh... To be honest, I'd rather have lunch with my friends forever... Everything just got more intense because of Kouenji's antics.

"Ah, Ayanokouji-kun, hello!" I was greeted by Ichinose's cheerful smile.

I was then noticed by the rest of the people in the room.

"Hey, Kiyotaka-kun!" waved Kikyou.

Hirata and Horikita greeted me as well. My classmates were early as usual. In fact, it seems like I was the last person to arrive. Ryuuen and his entourage could be found glaring at me on the other side of the room. I wish he could stop that.

[The third group discussion begins now.]

"Well, it doesn't seem like Katsuragi-kun and his classmates are interested, so I guess it'll be just Class B through D again." Ichinose opened the discussion with a bitter smile.

"Hey, Ichinose, can you tell me the point of discussing anything?" Ryuuen grinned as he asked.

Ichinose briefly looked at him before sighing...

"Frankly speaking, there's no point," she replied. "At the end of the day, we're competing against each other. Our so-called 'discussion' will just go around in circles, repeating things that everyone already knows. After all, if you're holding some useful information, you won't share it with your rivals. Some might even take things further and spout lies to mislead everyone."

Amazing... She instantly recognized the pitfall that Ryuuen set up for her. If she tried to act like the usual group leader, Ryuuen would be the one saying all of those words, making Ichinose look like nothing but a hypocrite.

Well, I guess that's to be expected of her.

"Kuku. Exactly. So what do you suggest we do?" asked Ryuuen.

"Well, our class is always willing to talk with anyone. But if you're not interested in that..." Ichinose took out a little something from her pocket. "Ta-dah~! I brought cards!"

Ryuuen snickered in his seat.

"It's not like there's anything we can do during this hour. I don't mind playing some games," said Hirata.

"Me too! Let's have some fun, Honami-chan, Hitomi-chan!" cheered Kikyou.

I looked at Horikita, who seemed a bit troubled by the current development.

"Do you wanna play? I'm down," I said.

"Hmm... I'd usually decline, but if I try to work on analyzing the code right now, it might bring some unnecessary attention. So perhaps I can participate..." replied Horikita.

How uncute and cute at the same time.

The seven students of Class B and Class C played cards during the hour. Ryuuen and his lackeys approached Katsuragi. Due to the noise that we were making and their considerable distance from us, nothing could be made of their conversation.

I wonder if they decided to cooperate with each other. Since Katsuragi can't ally with either of us, he'd have no choice but work with Ryuuen again. That shouldn't be the case unless he's desperate.

"Kiyotaka-kun, it's your turn." Kikyou called out to me.

"Ah, my bad."

In the end, we played a bunch of Daifugō and Old Maid. They were simple games, but if your opponents know what they're doing, things are bound to get complicated. Even the calmest of players would get fired up at times.