Vol. 4: Chapter 5.1 - Converging Strategies

"I see... So they're the VIP." Yukimura wore a grave expression upon learning the names of Class B's VIPs.

The four of us agreed to let a select number of people know about a fragment of our plans. The likes of Yukimura should put that information to good use.

"Yes, I want you to be on the lookout, Yukimura-kun," said Hirata.

"Sigh..." Yukimura exhaled, slightly slouching his back. "Of course. If it leads our group to victory, then I'm willing to work with even her."

Yukimura didn't mince his words even though he was right in front of Karuizawa's boyfriend. Well, it's not like Hirata isn't used to it. In contrast to the girls who respect her a lot, Karuizawa's reputation amongst the boys isn't the best, to say the least... though most of us still think she's really cute despite her attitude.

If she wasn't Hirata's girlfriend, I think some of the boys in our class might go for her.

"I heard about it from Kikyou-- that there was a dispute between her and a bunch of Class D girls," I said.

Thanks to Kikyou's massive social connections, I held all the vital information from every group. The matters in Yukimura and Karuizawa's Rabbit Group are one example.

"Ah, yeah... That Karuizawa, really... I witnessed her arguing with three Class D girls during the discussion. 'You remember that girl one who catfished Yamauchi; Manabe Shiho? Yeah, her and a couple of her female friends," he narrated.

According to what Yukimura has told us, Karuizawa shoved a student named Morofuji Rika in a cafe earlier this summer. And Manabe Shiho, along with her friends, demanded she apologize.

"The conversation was civil at first, but she just had to do that..." Yukimura shook his head in frustration.

Obviously, Karuizawa would feign ignorance even if she knew about it. In response to her denial, Manabe tried to take a picture of her in an attempt to confirm her identity with Rika. That's when the tension skyrocketed. Karuizawa, in a panic, slapped Manabe's phone away from her hand. One side argued that taking someone's picture without permission is wrong, and the other argued that knocking someone else's phone to the ground is wrong.

Yukimura sounded so fed up with it.

Hirata and I were aware of the reasoning behind Karuizawa's behavior, so we stayed quiet and continued listening. To be honest, it sounded like a fight between elementary students, but girls of their nature would inevitably clash that way.

"Manabe-san and her friends are known to be troublemakers within Class D, so I don't think things will end there. If you feel like they're planning to harass Karuizawa-san, please let me know, Yukimura-kun. I'll try to mediate the situation for them," said Hirata.

"Yeah... I don't know the truth so I won't make any judgments, but if Karuizawa's at fault, then apologizing might do her good," replied Yukimura.

It may have sounded like a good and natural response from "Hirata", but Yukimura didn't notice how strange it was coming from a "boyfriend".

Anyway, I've heard a lot about Manabe Shiho and her group of friends. Even if Karuizawa apologizes for what she's done, there's a big chance that they'll continue to gang up on her, especially since she's alone.

Also, it's my chance to see just how true Karuizawa's so-called past is.

Around 5:00 PM, on the main (5th) deck.

Ichinose-san and Kanzaki-kun arrived at the exact promised time.

"Sorry for the hold-up, Horikita-san, Ayanokouji-kun. We originally planned to come sooner, but a few of our classmates needed my help on something." Ichinose-san apologized with a smile.