Vol. 1: Chapter 7.2 - Limits

I warmed up alongside Sudou, Hirata, Kushida, Karuizawa, and their friends. Horikita warmed up in another corner, alone.

Of course, Ike and Yamauchi spent their time staring at Kushida and the girls.

We were given ten minutes to play in the water for a bit. The pool was temperature-controlled so we didn't have any problems with the water being too cold. My body swiftly adjusted to the water's viscosity.

Hirata was playing with Karuizawa and some of her friends. Meanwhile, Sudou was... playing(?) with Ike and Yamauchi...? It looked like they were getting drowned though...

Anyway, I was enjoying my time, splashing water with Kushida and her friends. On the other hand, Onodera was having a fun(?) talk with Horikita. Because we were near them, I could barely hear the contents of their conversation.

"Your form was amazing earlier, Horikita-san! Did you compete during junior high?" Onodera asked excitedly.

"No... not really. I don't think that I'm particularly great at swimming..." Horikita's expression was cool as always. Although she didn't seem used to having these kinds of talks, I'm glad she's at least acknowledging the other person.

"You see, I've always loved swimming, so I can immediately identify a good swimmer just by looking at their forms. You're definitely one of them, Horikita-san." Onodera said with a smile.

"I see... Given your words, you're definitely the faster one, in my opinion, Onodera-san. I just learned swimming as a necessity, after all," replied Horikita. She's making good progress if she can give back compliments like that.

"Well, I definitely won't lose to anyone when it comes to swimming! You can count on me for that!" Onodera gestured like she was flexing her biceps.

While we were immersed in enjoying the water, our teacher finally blew the whistle.

There will be two races for the girls, with five competitors each. They will be placed according to their time in a very straightforward manner. Meanwhile, the boys will then have a similar competition. However, only the top two from each race will advance to the next round. After that, the top eight will compete for first place. All students in the top eight (separated by sex) will be safe from supplementary lessons. So, only the bottom two for the girls and the bottom eight from the boys will take them, along with those who didn't participate this time.

"Ayanokouji, let's compete in the preliminary round!" Sudou excitedly suggested.

"Sure," I replied.

Finally, our teacher blew the first whistle. Horikita and Kushida were in the same race. Their difference in speed became apparent immediately. In the end, Horikita finished first with Kushida coming in second.

"Not bad. 27.55 seconds for the first place and 30.89 seconds for the second place," he announced.

The boys cheered for Kushida and had their eyes glued on her wet body. The girls' jiggling butts and breasts caused some "accidents", prompting some of them to sneakily cover their crotches.

Of course, I also stared at the girls much like the rest. The only one who was avoiding visual contact with the girls' bodies was probably Hirata.

On a side note, I can't help but notice the domineering aura that Kouenji was emitting since the start of this class. Wearing a red speedo, Kouenji smilingly observed the girls' competition with his arms crossed.

The girls were constantly showing expressions of discomfort whenever they look at him. It's probably because their eyes would reflexively look at his crotch. That aside, Kouenji's physical constitution was amazing. He's clearly built better than Sudou. He'll probably be one of the fastest, if not the fastest student in our class.