Fourty three

I've held back all my tears the whole ride back to Shadow. Liam wouldn't let me see Esmay until after I told Harry that I was leaving Shadow because I'm in love with Liam. No matter how much I tell him and lie my heart out, I feel like Harry won't believe me. I've spent the last couple of weeks hating Liam with Harry.

I have a plan though and I think it will work. After I get Esmay back, I can just go back to Shadow with Esmay and tell Harry it was all a lie. I know it will work and I know he'll believe me.

"Don't try and send Harry signs that this is a lie because I will hear everything you say," Liam says, gesturing to the microphone under my shirt. "I'm putting in an earpiece too just in case you need pushing."

"Why are you putting so much effort into this?" I glare.

"Harry killed Angie and its your fault. Its unfair for you guys to be happy," He mumbles when the car finally stops. He opens the van door and gestures me toward it, "You can walk the rest of the way."

I can see pain in Liam's eyes and I know it's because he's thinking of Angie. I do feel pity for him, but when I think of what he's making me do, it dissolves.

Liam drives off after I jump out of the car and it takes awhile for me to walk to the main gates to Shadow. Mostly because I'm walking slow on purpose. My heart and stomach are aching for what I have to do next, but I know I need to do this. I can't choose a vampire over Esmay.

When I reach the gate I see that it's closed, so I walk so I can be in the view of the guard. He seems concerned when he sees me and rushes to my side. I tell him that Master Harry had me do a task and that I'm back now and luckily he doesn't make a big deal out of it. I can see in his eyes he is suspicious, but he lets me inside the gate.

By the time I get inside shadow, Im sweating like a pig and my hands are clammy. When I swallow before opening the doors, my throats aches from the dryness.

I'm greeted by the guard at the door and I pass him before heading to find Harry. I first look up in his room, but he's not there. I wonder if he's still with Zayn. Maybe there is a big problem. I really hope not because it's just going to make it even harder for me to tell him what I have to tell him.

I walk around the halls and don't see many faces. When I go into the kitchen, I notice a lot more people and realize that it's lunch break. My stomach growls when I smell the food, but I keep my search going for Harry.

"I can't believe you're back here," Harrys voice invades my ears and I look around quickly to see where his voice is coming from. I push open the back kitchen doors that enter the hallway and peak my head to find Harry fast walking toward the elevators..... with a woman walking behind him? Who is this?

Her hair is bright red, long past her hips. Her body is small, but tall as she sways her hips back and forth trying to catch up to Harry. It looks like she's chasing him, but I can't tell.

"Harry, wait," the woman says and my heart aches that she didn't call him Master.

"We'll talk upstairs in my room, Aurora. Just be quiet," Harry whispers harshly before scoping around and entering the elevator with Aurora. My heart begins to hit my rib cage as I remember that name, Aurora. Harry never fully told me the whole story about her because he would always block the topic.

My head gets dizzy when I think of the possibilities as of why she's back here. People would always say I'm the new Aurora, so does that mean that Harry was in love with her and now that she's back he's going to drop me and get back with her? My heart pains at the thought. Tears threaten my eyes and I lean my head against the wooden door and close my eyes.