Ch. 28 *Alone*

~~~~~If you are liking my story, Please Vote! It helps alot! Thanks!~~~~~

My feet ache, but it's not even compared to the way I feel on the inside. So many various emotions are bottled up. Worry, guilt, regret, and too many more to name. It took an hour just for me to walk to the main front gate of Shadow. I didn't know what to expect. I thought the guard up front would yell at me and grab me and take me back to Harry for punishment. I almost wanted that to happen, but that wasn't the case. One simply looked at me, and opened the gate for me, letting me pass. Harry must've told him to let me free. The thought alone pains me. I know it was my decision and it's my fault I'm now kicked out of Shadow, but I wish he wouldn't have. I should've never tried to leave with Ruby and Niall. I would've regretted it once we'd escaped and I know it. Then again, if I didn't go with them, they'd be dead.

I still can't believe how cruel Harry is. It scares me that I somewhat was developing a set of feeling towards him. It would have turned out so bad because he doesn't allow love... Maybe it is best for me to leave Shadow.

The dirt road seems a thousand miles long and the sun is ready to set by the time I reach an actual road. They're is a large forest beside me that is greener than I would've ever imagined. Too bad I can't enjoy the sight. Im so afraid of what is to happen next. I don't have my red contacts or even shades to cover my eyes. All the horrid poosiblities that can happen to me right now begin to swarm in my head, making me dizzy and nervous. I forgot how scary it was living out here in fear. At least, back then I had Esmay for company, but now I'm alone. I never realized how much I liked Shadow until now. I'm such an idiot.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a car's horn honk. My head shoots to the side of the road and my heart races as I see a car pull up close to me. It's unfamiliar and it doesn't look anything like Harry's cars which makes me sad.

Whoever is in the car begins to roll down the window and I quickly look down to the ground to avoid eye contact. Shit, shit, shit. I'm fucked, if it is a vampire and they see my eyes. I continue to walk, hoping whoever it is will just leave me alone. I'm so afraid.

My hands tremble and I can barely breath when they slowly move their car with my pace. "Hey!" A deep voice calls and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I keep walking and ignore their greet. "Why are you all alone, walking? The city is like ten miles away. Do you need a ride?" The voice shouts at me again and I'm surprised how genuine whoever it is sounds. Once, they see your eyes, you're done, my subconcious reminds me and I know she is right.

"Uhmm, I'm fine." I say loud enough for him to hear me, keeping my eyes darted to the dirt. I haven't looked to see what he looks like, but he sounds bold and that scares me even more.

"Get it the car, you don't want to walk." He says harsher and I cringe.

"Sir, I'm fine."

"Why won't you look at me, dammit." I can tell he is getting annoyed and I feel myself wanting to cry. He's going to see my eyes and take me to storage and... my life is just over. Why did I leave Shadow? I was so lucky to be caught by the Vampos and taken there. It really is the best place for a human and here I done fucked it up.

I hear the door slam and I look back to his direction. He is coming around his car towards me and I've stopped walking, not being able to move. Run! I tell myself, but my feet stay glued to the ground. I was right, guessing that he was bold. His arms are as big as my thighs and he has a shaved head, creating an intense look that makes me more terrified than ever. He stops in his footsteps and his mouth gapes open when we make eye contact. This is the worst thing to happen. I should have ran or something. You still can! I encourage myself and before I know what I'm doing, I'm pushing my way through bushes to make my way inside the woods. The branches crackle under my feet as I sprint as fast as I can.