Thirty seven

After Harry took me up to my room, I collapsed into bed after taking yet another shower. The warm water definitely relived some tension my muscles had. I slept a good couple of hours, but was woken up at six in the morning when Mads came to wake me up. It was so nice seeing her and she was so happy to hear I was back at Shadow. She told me about how I was the most talked about around Shadow, even though I barely knew anyone. She said it was the best gossip Shadow has had in a long time, although I don't think my story has much too it. I was nervous that word got around that I loved him in someway, but she didn't mention anything like that, so I was glad.

I can't say I'm not a little happier to be back at Shadow. Although, I am a slave and is in love with a vampire, it is way better than being all on my own. Now, I'm back to my daily chores, but I kinda like it.

"Len, could you pass me more of the laundry detergent? This one is all empty" I say, throwing out the old bottle of soap. I've been doing laundry for the past two hours while Len has been disputing the clean clothes to all the slaves rooms. This is my first time seeing Len in a while, but we weren't ever really close and she's kind of quiet, so she didn't question at all of our time not seeing each other. I asked her about how Natalie and Luke where, but she only shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you have another set of clean loads for me?" She asks after handing me the new bottle. I nod my head yes and start the new load of laundry.

"Yes, it's the one right here." I grab the basket of slave's room 3A and place it on the rolling cart she uses. I kind of envy her job over mine. She actually gets to walk around Shadow while I'm stuck inside this room, waiting for the machines to clean all the clothes.

"Thanks" She mutters before grabbing ahold of the cart. She begins pushing it towards the door. I really wish that we could trade jobs - at least for a while.

"Len?" I call her before I can stop myself. She turns around and faces me with raised eyebrows, waiting for me to ask her my question.

"Could we maybe switch jobs?" I force out a laugh.

"I don't know." She looks struggled. "Are you aloud to walk around the hallways alone, yet?"

"Oh, uhm I don't know." Shit, I forgot about that. It's been long enough, I don't make some good decisions, but I'm sure I can manage, dropping off loads of laundry without causing any trouble.

"I guess we can, but only cause my feet hurt," she says after a long pause of thinking. "But if you get in trouble, your taking all blame."

I laugh, "Okay,"

* * * * *

This is a much better task. I've stayed mostly on the same level, only using the elevator twice. I haven't really liked the looks I've been getting though. Alot of the slaves walking around the hallways or cleaning around Shadow have been giving me dirty looks, or whispering when I walk past them. I wish I would've asked Mads more about what the gossip was about me. I hope it's not anything too bad.

I make my way towards my new destination and come to a stop when I find the room I intended to find. The key, Len gave me that opens up most doors to Shadow unlocks the bedroom door. I push the cart inside and lift the basket of clothes on top of the poor dresser inside the room. I take a quick glance of the room and scrunch up my nose when I see how dirty and small it is. It's half the size of my room and the bed and floor is a mess. I wonder who stays in here- someone filthy, I'm guessing.

I shut off the light and push the cart outside, with me following behind.

"Ellie!" I jump when Luke calls out my name and takes me by surprise. He's wearing work attire, matching mine and I know he was probably in kitchen duty when I see the water stains on his shirt and pants.