Ch.34 *No Love, No Life*

"I'm in love with you." The words slip out of my mouth and my breathing stops just as they do. This has to be the most nerve raking thing I have ever done. The look on Harrys face makes it worse. Emotionless. That's what it is and honestly I'd rather him have a horror face on because the waiting, is more torturous.

"What?" He breaths as his eyebrows furrow down, pointing at his nose.

"I'm in love with you" I say, but it comes out more as a question. A weak laugh comes out as I try to make it less awkward, but he looks the same.

"You're in love with me?" He says so quiet, it burns. I wish he would speak louder.

"Yes" I breathe with a hopeless shrug. His emotion changes several times making me confused and more keen for an answer.

"Ellie..." he trails off and I can tell by his voice and face that rejection is underway.

I hold my breath in, but jump when I hear crackles from the bushes beside us. I quickly whip my body around and notice Sir Zayn poke out from the leaves. He sighs when he sees us before rushing to Masters' side.

"I found you." He starts and I look back to Harry who is still looking at me with a struggled face. Its as if he doesn't even notice Zayn is here with us. I keep my eyes focused on his as Zayn continues to speak, "Gemma is looking for you. We are about to do the sacrifice."

Sacrifice?

"Sir?" Zayn taps Harrys shoulder after he doesn't answer him. He finally looks over to him, breaking our eye contact.

Why does this always happen to me? Whenever something important is going on, its always interrupted.

"The sacrifice?" Harry mumbles.

"Yeah... The one we do every year." Zayn laughs and Harry nods his head.

"Yes, I remember." He looks lost. I can tell Zayn notices because he's looking at him like he's crazy.

"Can you give us a second?" Harry gestures to me and him and my tummy turns thinking about going back into the awkward conversation we just broke into.

"Of course, Sir. Hurry though. We need you there." Zayn smiles before heading back to the party.

"Harry, you know what? Forget what I said." I say before he can. I can tell he's just going to reject me which makes my heart slowly shatter, so I might as well just end the conversation now before I can get hurt even more.

"Forget what you said?" He sounds angry. "That's not something you can forget."

"Yes it is. I'm just a girl. I'm sure they're not even real feelings" I try and laugh my way out, but Harry stays stone.

"Ellie, I need you to know..." He leaves the sentence unfinished, leaving me on my toes. Just spit it out, I cry inside. He takes a step forward, closing the space between when grabbing my arms and pulling to him.

"Fuck." He looks down. "Ellie... I.. i think that..." A smile almost creeps on my face. Is he about to tell me he loves me? I feel if he didn't he would just tell me, but his stuttering could mean he's nervous to tell me he feels the same right?

"I think you're a fool." The words hit me like a brick. His hand drops from my arms and I'm left with rejection and emptiness just like I thought would happen.

"I don't love you Ellie." He says and just when I thought I couldn't feel anymore pain, I was proven wrong.

"You can't love me." He says, with almost a questioning face.

"How can I not love you?" A pained cry comes out.

"I'm.. well, it's against the rules." His voice becomes harder.