Ch. 29 *Into the Woods*

~~~~~If you are liking my story, Please Vote! It really helps alot! Thanks!~~~~

"Michael is the name." The man who took me into his home looks at me while drinking the scotch he poured himself when we first arrived here. He offered me some, but I denied. Now that I really look at him, I can tell he's already drunk. I can see why he missed when he tried shooting me with an arrow. I've been sitting at his small table in the middle of his shelter while he stays standing, keeping a small distance from me.

"I'm sure you're wondering what the hell I'm doing here, not captured by the damn vampires that control this shitty world." He begins and takes another sip of his drink before setting it down on the single counter behind him. He folds his arms and keeps his eyes on me, "And I'm wondering the same thing about you."

I stay silent, afraid to speak. I don't know what to say, plus I still don't know if I can trust him. He could be a vampire, pretending to be human or something.

"How'd a small thing like you escape from Storage? There's absolutely no way you escaped from the drainers. That's impossible." He says and I narrow my eyes on him.

"And how exactly are you here now?" I refrain from his question.

"That's a long story, too long to tell now. So, you can entertain me with your story or get the hell out of my sight." His voice turns harsh and I cringe down in my seat. He stumbles a bit on his side, but catches himself.

"You brought me here."

"Yes, and I can easily kick you out." He picks up his drink.

"Is that all you do?" I question with annoyance clear in my voice.

"What?" He looks confused.

"Get drunk?"

He slams the glass back down the counter, possibly cracking the glass before taking a step toward me. I don't want to get trapped under his height, so I quickly stand up from my chair alarmed.

"You know, I could've easily just killed you and left you in the woods." His voices raises.

"Then why didn't you?" I say equally as loud.

"I don't know." his nostrils flare as he tries to think of something to say. We continue to narrowly glare at each other until he sighs with defeat.

"My girlfriend... she was taken by the Vampos." He starts. "Uhm, while I was out at work everyone started getting taken. But, um... I.. I got away and rushed home, but she was gone. Now I live here alone. I hunt my food and grown my own crops." He stutters a bit and I guess that it's the alcohol making his speech horrible.

"Your turn." He says after a long silence of me not saying anything. I feel bad his girlfriend was taken away from him and he lives all alone. Yet, I feel for him cause the same thing happened to me in a way and now I'm on my own. So really, we are the same.

I let out a breathe before answering him back. It takes a minute to tell him my long story of how I'm all alone wondering in the woods, but by the time I'm done, he's mouth is dropped all the way to the floor.

"Shadow." He breaths with disgust.

"You've been there?" I ask, confused by his reaction.

He looks at me for a second before answering, "Uhh, no. Just heard it's shit."

"But, it sounds to me like the fucker loves you." He says.

"Who Harry?" I laugh and he nods his head.

I hurriedly shake mine, no. There's no way Harry loves me. "If he loved me, he wouldn't have kicked me out."

"Or it could be the other way around, sweety. Open your eyes." He keeps his eyes on me while he takes another swig.