Fourty-one

My breathing has mostly stopped. Seeing Liam in front of me has knocked out all the air in my lungs and it almost feels impossible to inhale any oxygen.

I should've known the letter wasn't from Harry. I should've known that this was a set up, but I was just too into Harry to realize.

"Ellie. . . Its been awhile hasn't it." Liam gives a evil grin before taking a small step towards me. I want to run away, but I can't find any movements in my body.

"You can talk Ellie," he says and I frown. His eyes seem redder than I've ever noticed. His hair is grown a bit longer - the top of his hair grown more than the rest.

"What. . . What are you. . . " My words stutter and are barely audible. My mouth feels dry.

"I know what you're thinking. What am I doing here? What am I going to do to you?" He laughs and takes another step forward, bringing a hand to push back a strand of my hair.

I scold at his touch and flinch away. He seems upset, but hides it behind a fake smile.

"Why are you here? Haven't you done enough, killing my sister." My voice raises.

Liam's head falls back in laughter, "Wow, you're a gullible person. Unless, you love Harry so much that you believe anything he says."

"What are you talking about?" I frown.

"Esmay's alive." Liam says and my breathing stops again. "Tahdahhh. . ." He waves his fingers in the air and smiles.

I can't help the hope that he's telling the truth, but there's a part of me that feels like he's lying. If he's telling the truth, then that means Harry lied to me. But why would he lie to me.

"You're lying." I say.

"You think I would lie?" He pretends to look offended and I scold him.

"Harry told me. You gave her to the Drainers and she died." I state the facts and he begins to laugh. "You're lying!" I scream.

"But I'm not." He shakes his head. "Thats why I'm here."

"What?" I'm so confused and my stomach aches more now than ever. I feel like I'm going to pass out at any moment.

"I'm here to tell you the truth." Truth?

"What truth?" I furrow my eyebrows and swallow, afraid to hear what he has to say.

"The truth about you, Harry, Esmay. . .Everything."

"There is no truth to be told. You killed my sister you bastard!" I go to push him, but he grabs my arms and pulls me into his chest.

I struggle to get loose from his grip and sink my feet into the sand, trying to break free. He laughs, tormenting me and I spit in his face making him angry. He pushes me to the ground and sand catches in my eyes and mouth.

"You bitch," he seethes before wiping his face off.

"Harrys the one lying to you. I'm just here to give you the truth. Esmay convinced me." The mention of her name hurts. I want to believe she is alive, but I know Liam is lying.

"You're lying!" I sound weak from falling onto the floor. I want to pick myself up but I'm afraid. "Esmays dead!" I hold back the tears dwelling in my eyes.

"You believe everything Harry tells you?" He bends down, hovering over me. I pick myself up on to my hands and scold him. I hate this man.

"I'd like to tell you the truth" Liam says, picking me up by my arms. I stand up, and push him off me once I'm steady on my feet.