1. Welcome to America

"have a nice day, thank you" you say before the taxi driver drives away. you look at the gate before you and could barely see the house that hid behind it, the only thing you could see is that this house was big. you take a deep breath before you ring the bel by the gate. "what do you want?" a woman said sounding irritated, they must have a lot of people just ringing there doorbell for fun, you thought. "hi i had an appointment for the nanny job" you said sounding as professional and American as you could. you were not from here but you hoped people wouldn't notice. "i send someone to get you" the woman said. you waited for like 10 minutes, wondering if she forgot or simply didn't want to speak to you anymore, did you do something wrong, surely you couldn't have already fucked up.

when you're about to just walk away the gate opens and a sweet looking woman stands behind the gate. "welcome I'm Rosa, I heard you're here for the nanny job, follow me" she said with a soft smile on her face. you walked behind her, only now being able to see the house. it was even bigger than you thought, surly some rich people lived here. Rosa leads you inside and to an office looking room, where a beautiful woman in her late 30 sat down at a desk, with a more strict looking look on her face. 

as you enter the room you see the woman immediately scan you up and down, you felt naked under her judging eyes

as you enter the room you see the woman immediately scan you up and down, you felt naked under her judging eyes. you weren't really fond of how you looked and in moments like this, you only felt worse about it. "sit down" she said gesturing to the chair in the other side of the desk. you sat down in the chair "Rosa you can leave" she said in a dismissive tone.

"so you think you can handle a 6 year old?" she said in an already judging tone. "yes" you say trying to sound confident "I worked at a daycare for a while, and I watched my neighbors kid all the time" you tell her. "that's good to hear" she said, not really sounding convinced. "what makes you different from anyone else?" she asks you. "oh I uhm" you said thinking hard, why didn't you prepare this, surly a couple this rich would ask that question, they could choice literally anyone. "yeah I thought so" she said shaking her head. "I think we're done" she said standing up. "oh" you said disappointed, this was your 15th job interview this week and you were pissed it didn't work out again. "Rosa will show you ou-" 

Before she could finish her sentence Rosa came walking in with a crying 6 year old at her side. "ma'am she" Rosa said, clearly not knowing what to do with the child. "Lily stop crying" the woman said to the child like it was an adult who could stop by simple asking. of course the kid didn't stop crying. "Lily stop making a scene and stop crying" her mom said in an almost angry tone. you couldn't believe it, this woman knew absolutely nothing about dealing with kids.

just as you're about to leave, because this whole thing made you feel awkward, Lily's eyes find yours. she looks confused and stops crying for a second, too curious as to what this stranger is doing in her house. "hi Lily" you say sitting down on your haunches "what a beautiful dress are you wearing. oh you have to help me, which princess are you again?" you ask smiling softly at her as her tears stop. "it's Elsa" she says a little shy "daddy got if for me at Disney" she says, she now completely stopped crying. "well princes Elsa it was nice to meet you" you say "don't accidently make a snow monster" you whisper to her, earning a small smile form her.