32. Is this real

"why?" he asks you clearly hurt. "because Chris, I just need to know if this is ever gonna go further than this?" you ask him. "you know how I think about that y/n" he says. "that was before you divorced Natalie, before you even decided to divorce her. and you're telling me nothing has changed?" you ask him shocked, getting of the counter. how did you ever think this was gonna work out. "you're contract expires at the end of the month" he says silently. "so?" you ask him, getting mad now, yet also feeling really hurt. "so you're not gonna be here anymore" he say. did he not listen to you, you literally told him to give you a reason to fucking stay. but if he was not gonna let this go any further you needed to stop this, because you're already to hurt at his words now. "fine then I'm done" you tell him. "we can just have fun" he says softly. "I'm done 'just' having fun with you Chris" you tell him, the hurt now apparent in your voice. "I thought I was more than just a fuck" you tell him. "you are y/n, I told you, you fucking are" he says now getting frustrated with you. "no I'm not" you say hurt.

"how can you say you like me, but then just saying you don't want anything serious with me. don't you know how fucking stupid that sounds?" you ask him, tears filling your eyes. "I fucking care for you y/n I mean that. but I just got divorced, from a woman I was with, for 10 years. I'm sorry but I can't just jump into the next thing without really thinking about it" he say. "loving someone isn't a thing you think about" you say hurt as a tear rolls over your face. he steps closer to you wiping the tear away "I know I just.....I need more time y/n. I can't make the same mistake again. I have a daughter who deserves to be in a stable environment" he says. "so I'm not stable? is that what your trying to say?" you ask him. "listen you're new to all this, to my world. I saw the shocked look on your face when you saw all the paparazzi at the airport. and then the whole thing about us in the media. I want to protect you from all that, but I can't always do that, it isn't always in my control. and I.....I rather have you far away from me where you're away from all that, than that you're unhappy here with me" he says, now sounding hurt to, like he realizes there's too much on the line.

"I could never be unhappy with you Chris" you say looking into his eyes. he softly strokes over your cheeks with his thumb.

 he softly strokes over your cheeks with his thumb

"please believe me when I say I like you. because you're fucking amazing y/n. but I just...there's a lot I have to think about and just.." he says, seeing this is really affecting him as well. "I understand" you say softly, actually seeing where he's coming from, yet it hurt like a motherfucker. "I'm going to sleep, goodnight Chris.....it's good to have you back" you say getting out of his grip. "it never felt more like home than it does when you're here" he says, which breaks your heart even more. he wanted this, but he wouldn't let himself. and maybe, just maybe it was for the best that this wouldn't become anything serious.

-----------------------------------------------------

you wake up in the middle of the night, for the first time in months you had a nightmare again. the insecurity of the future really weighted on you. you thought you would stay here with Chris, but seems like he's not gonna extend your contract, and that really stresses you out. what were you gonna do, where are you gonna live. all the thinking lefts you unable to go back to sleep, so you silently walk downstairs. you grab some water and sit down on the couch, watching some tv.