11. Feels like home

your pov

you wake up to a godly smell coming from the kitchen. your headache has faded a little, you were just really cold now. you sit up straight and look to the kitchen, seeing Chris and Lily making, what smelled like, soup. they were smiling together. they hadn't noticed you were watching them as Chris helped Lily cut some greens. you smiled at them, it was so cute, and Lily looked really peaceful. you slowly got up and walked towards them on shaking legs. "it smells amazing" you say smiling softly. "y/n!" Lily yells running up to you, hugging you tightly. "hey Lils, don't hug me for too long, I don't want you to get sick too" you tell her. "I don't mind" she says, only hugging you tighter. "but I do" you says, slowly getting her hand off of you. "how are you feeling?" Chris asks you. "the headache has faded a bit" you tell him as you shiver a little. "are you cold?" he asks "here" he says grabbing one of his sweaters, putting it on you. "better?" he asks. you nod to him. "we're making soup for you" Lily says, now continuing with the cooking. "well that's very sweet" you say, hesitating if you should tell them you weren't hungry. but Lily seems so happy you couldn't get it over your heart to tell her. "do you need anything?" Chris asked you, a bit of worry in his eyes. "no thank you" you say as you sit down at the kitchen island, just watching them cook. 

every once in a while Chris looked over at you, smiling softly

every once in a while Chris looked over at you, smiling softly. you couldn't get the butterflies in your stomach to shut up every time his eyes crossed you.

you didn't even noticed you were dosing off, when 2 strong arms picked you up and laid you down on the couch again. "go rest, I'll wake you up when it's done" Chris says softly. "I'm not hungry" you tell him. "I know, but you have to eat something. just rest, maybe you will be hungry when we're done" he says, pulling a blanket over you. "thank you Chris" you tell him, struggling to keep your eyes open. "in this house we take care of each other." he says before you close your eyes and fall asleep.

you hear your dad scream at your mom, while she yells loudly back. "please stop" you tell them softly. "shut up!" your mother yells at you, while they continue fighting. you can't take it anymore as you beg them to stop while tears run over your face. "stop crying!" your father yells at you, only making you cry harder. "stop fucking crying y/n, you useless piece of shit" he yells. a thought crosses your mind, was this what happened to everyone. where your other 10 year old friends treated like this. why does no one on tv show you this, why were they always so sweet to their kids. "y/n! stop fucking crying or I'll make you" your dad yells at you in a threating tone. you try your hardest to stop crying, but you can't help it. "fucking useless kid" he says putting his cigarette out on your leg, making you scream out in pain.

"y/n? wake up, it's just a dream" you hear a soft voice say. you open your eyes to see Chris' worried face. "it was just a dream" he says calmly again. you are covered in sweat but shiver from the cold. Chris lays his palm on your head. "oh wow, you're really warm" he says worry in his tone. "I'm cold" you say softly. Chris puts an extra blanket over you while he grabs something out of the kitchen cabinet. he walks back with a thermometer in his hand. as the thermometer beeps he looks at it. "well you have a fever" he says. "no shit sherlock" you say softly making him smile. "are you okay?" he asks "apart from the fever I mean". "yeah, yeah it was just a bad dream" you tell him. he looks at you like he know it wasn't just a 'normal' bad dream. he opens his mouth to say something when Lily comes up and hugs you tightly. "I told you Lils, don't hug me you'll get sick too" you tell her. "and I told you I don't care" she says, not letting go of you. Chris pulls Lily back "y/n is right sweetheart, we don't want you to get sick too" he says. "but she needs a hug" Lily says, making you smile. "we can hug when I'm better okay?" you ask her. "okay, but you'll have a lot to catch up on" she says. "deal" you say smiling weakly.