16. Diner

you go thru your closet but there's literally nothing there, just jeans and tops. you just wanna go for some jeans, when Alex gift catches you eye. you open the box and see a little note that says [I saw this and immediately thought of you in it <3]. you pull the tissue paper away and see there is a beautiful red dress in it. you hold it against your body, looking at it in the mirror. it looked really figure hugging, you don't know if you were comfortable enough to wear it. but you decided to give it a try. as you stand Infront of the mirror you look at yourself. 

you never seen yourself like this

you never seen yourself like this. the dress was hugging your figure but in all the right spots, while doing an amazing job at hiding the spots you were insecure about. you smiled at the girl you saw in the mirror. clearly Alex had great taste. you put some heels on and put some light make-up on. put your hair down and walked downstairs.

you see Chris in the kitchen, he had made the table. the pizza in the middle to share and he was just filling 2 glasses with wine. he looked really good, he wore black jeans with a simple shirt. god this man could literally get anyone, why the fuck did he chose you. "wow you look absolutely stunning" he says as he looks at you, not taking his eyes of you, for even a second. you blush a little "thanks, you don't look so bad either". "oh in comparison to you I do, didn't realize we would be wearing fancy clothes" he says, looking at his shirt now, like he regretted not putting on something else. "you look really good" you say walking up to him.

"have a seat miss" he says pulling your chair back, so you could sit. he was such a gentlemen. he sits down in front of you. "you look so beautiful" he says again, making you blush even more. "thank you" you say softly. he smiles as you before he raises his glass. "to" he says, not really knowing what to say. "to us" you say, helping him. also not really knowing what that meant. "to us" he says clinking your glasses together. you eat together and talk about all sorts of things. 

"do you wanna move back in, like full time?" he asks you after a while. "i, I don't know yet. I have to see......I have to see what will happen" you tell him vaguely. "you mean with Natalie, don't you. you're not coming back until at least one of us doesn't live here anymore" he says. "no that's not..........I just-" you say not being able to finish that sentence, because he was absolutely right. "listen I just want you to know, you're safe here, okay" he says, a bit of worry in his eyes, and something else you can't really read. "thank you, but I guess I just need some more time to see how things work out" you tell him. "I understand, just know you're always welcome here" he says smiling. "I know" you tell him, meaning every word.

after you finish the pizza and a few more glasses of wine, you look at each other. both knowing what will happen next. "ready for dessert y/n?" he asks in that deep voice again that makes your legs weak. you're about to say yes, as the front door opens and you hear Lily scream as she walks in with Natalie. "go to your room now!" Natalie yells at her. Lily does as she says, but you see she's really upset. Natalie's eyes crosses yours and than flash to Chris' full of anger and ... a bit of hurt. "so while I'm away to spend more time with my daughter, you decide to fucking have a date with the nanny!" she yells angrily. "we're not on a fucking date, we're just having diner" Chris tells her and something deep inside you is disappointed, of course this wasn't a date, he has a fucking wife. god you're so stupid for being disappointed, you think to yourself. "oh so the nanny always dresses like a fucking whore" Natalie yells at Chris. "don't you fucking dare speak to her like that!" Chris now yells at her.