5. The date

a few days later you get a text from Alex if you would like to go to dinner with him tonight. you text him back that you have to work, but that you will try to arrange something. you walk up to Chris who is playing with clay with lily. "look y/n i made a dragon" she says showing her the ball of clay and what looked like some sort of wings. "wow that's really cool Lils" you say looking at it. "you wanna join us?" Chris asks. "well i actually wanted to ask..uhm" you say swallowing hard "if i could get the evening off?". "yeah of course you can, have any fun activity in mind for tonight?" he asks curiously. you and Chris had become friends in the last couple days, but your crush on him also grew as days went by, because this man was exactly as nice as you thought he would be. "well I met someone and he's gonna show me some of his favorite places in Boston tonight. if that isn't a problem with you" you said. "no it's okay" he says sounding a bit more hesitant now. "i will take care of this monster here" he says smiling to Lily. "thank you" you say smiling softly to him.

in the evening you get ready for your date, and you realize you have nothing to wear. you just opted for some skinny jeans and a nice top. 

you walk downstairs and are surprise at the sight

you walk downstairs and are surprise at the sight. Chris, Lily and Natalie are eating diner... TOGETHER! "where do you think you're going?" Natalie asks in a bitchy tone. "oh i-i'm going out" you say, you always felt she judged you on literally anything and you hated it. "and who said you could. you have a job" she says strictly. "i told her she could go" Chris said. Natalie gives Chris a short death stare. "and what are you going to do then?" she asked in a bitchy tone, clearly not agreeing with Chris to let you go. "i uhm...d-diner" you say looking down, feeling she could see right thru you and literary destroy you if she wanted to. "dressed like that, must be some cheap as boy to take you out, if you're wearing that. good luck" she says mockingly before she turns her attention away from you.

with your head down you walk to the door, you could just hear Lily say "have fun" before you close the door behind you. you grab a taxi to the address Alex gave you. shit it looked like a good restaurant, like the kind you dress really nicely for. "you look amazing" you hear someone behind you say, it was Alex dressed in dressy pants, a nice shirt and a blazer.

 "you look amazing" you hear someone behind you say, it was Alex dressed in dressy pants, a nice shirt and a blazer